New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall User Reviews

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
edited March 2017 in Games and Apps
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Robo Recall User Reviews 81 votes

5 STARS
82%
cyberealityLuciferouskojackdopingVRWildtAndersNolbergerJeffNiknalex66ClassicGODrekconhmongooseCobreeandgozalieJettStilesThuggod1972GenetixStudioRavenVetracybernettrFrozenPea 67 votes
4 STARS
9%
kilobulbMowTinStryker1000FrankDrebin1979dabruuzerdanielsson.kalleFilmgeekTimmySiF 8 votes
3 STARS
6%
danknugzChewbaggerngyeahKarlroeunemployed4now 5 votes
4 STARS
0%
1 STARS
1%
Alex_From_CHN 1 vote
Tagged:

Comments

• n3cr0-0n3cr0-0 Posts: 186
    Art3mis
    5 STARS
    Ha perfect game, wish it was longer :p
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    edited March 2017
    5 STARS
    Yea, really no way around it. It's straight up the best title on Oculus right now showing all the strengths of VR gaming, including the mods.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,154 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    Epic on its own, plus Mod support? VR Perfection.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 939
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    5 STARS
     It's an awesome game. Makes you feel like a superhero. One of the benefits of the big influx of cash that oculus got when it joined Facebook.  My main gripe is I wish your guns auto reloaded, as there is a bit too much reaching down for my taste, and I hope as one progresses through the game one can get continuously larger magazines.  It just seems like, if headquarters can teleport guns to your holsters they should be able to teleport ammo directly to your guns LOL! 
  • ClassicGODClassicGOD Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    5 STARS
    I'm in a middle of moving and yesterday evening was the first time since like 2 months I was able to set up my Oculus properly (Yay! for ~3x3m playspace!) without cardboard boxes, cables and other crap to trip over and I launched Robo Recall. Can confirm that the game is amazing. 
    The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.
  • MiRealMiReal Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    Best out of all I have right now and that's quite a few.
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    5 STARS
    It's a great game and it's basically free AND it has mod support.

Only problem: I'm having way too much fun finding creating ways to recall the robots so I'm mostly not paying much attention to the score (or the achievements) :)
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • VampireNZVampireNZ Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    Awesome fun, particularly on the fun per dollar cost scale! Needs more missions/locations - DLC?
  • jlirwinjlirwin Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    Ridiculous fun. Endlessly expandable with mods. Epic did this right. Fair play!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,530 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    I am absolutely having a blast with this one. By far the best Oculus Home game I have tried so far.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    5 STARS
    Definitely a 5. I am really debating whether to show this to new users or Superhot. In many ways I do prefer Superhot still - it can be played slower and more strategically. That being said, Robo Recall takes everything that was done right with Bullet Train and improves it, with style! It is pure fun. I'm glad it was given to use for free, but I honestly would have paid for this game easily - hopefully they will sell us a sequel down the road!

Certainly a must play for Touch owners, and a truly great Virtual Reality game!
  • battleaxe39battleaxe39 Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    Excellent game just short but replay value in trying to get hi scores which I don't have lol

• LeaderOfTheBlindLeaderOfTheBlind Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited March 2017
    5 STARS
    Definitely a 5. I am really debating whether to show this to new users or Superhot. In many ways I do prefer Superhot still - it can be played slower and more strategically. That being said, Robo Recall takes everything that was done right with Bullet Train and improves it, with style! It is pure fun. I'm glad it was given to use for free, but I honestly would have paid for this game easily - hopefully they will sell us a sequel down the road!

Take a look for the Superhot mod for Robo Recall, easy choice then ;) 

The Superhot mod has allowed me to fully appreciate the awesomeness of this game as you can take longer to soak in the details as you rip robots to pieces! 

There's a post on the oculus forums for it :) 

Edit for link:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50281/robo-recall-timewarp-mod-like-superhot#latest
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    5 STARS

Take a look for the Superhot mod for Robo Recall, easy choice then ;) 

The Superhot mod has allowed me to fully appreciate the awesomeness of this game as you can take longer to soak in the details as you rip robots to pieces! 

There's a post on the oculus forums for it :) 

Edit for link:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50281/robo-recall-timewarp-mod-like-superhot#latest
    You just blew my mind, thanks!
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 939
    3Jane
    5 STARS
    How do you install mods? 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,530 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    I finally managed to play through this game. I thought it was awesome and had an absolute blast with it! I gave it 5 stars.

I look forward to starting a new game to try and do better than what I did this first time through. Man taking Oden out was quite a task.
    I am so glad I added these Touch Controllers!

Epic did a great job on this one, and I do hope at some point in the future they can add more to it. Fantastic game.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,989
    Wintermute
    3 STARS
    kind of mindless ala space pirate trainer, with no real story or sense of purpose, plays like a glorified mobile game.

however if you like SPT youll love it
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    5 STARS
    @danknugz says: "youll love it"
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,989
    Wintermute
    3 STARS
    pros: nice flashy optimized graphics and perfect use of unreal engine, quick loading times, quick learning curve, good touch implementation 

cons: lack of multiplayer, generic usage of robots (evil robots, spider robots, flying robots), shallow enemy depth beyond "one liners". story is nonexistent, npc interaction limited to killing them. much like masturbation, the fun to be had here may be  gratifying, but shallow and unfulfilling
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,154 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    3 stars from danknugz counts as 5 stars, fo sho
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Ulisse76Ulisse76 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    Wonderful game. Immersive, creative, fun and with excellent graphics. Movements are very real. Flawless
  • ICEMAN_2049ICEMAN_2049 Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    Only wish it had co-op mode with a hord mode... just killing wave upon wave of enemies with your friend would be a blast-- 5 stars from me anyway.. 
  • CLParkerCLParker Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah, I have to agree, this one of the best, if not the best titles available at this time for the platform. It's very intense, and the title that most of my friends and family ask to go back to.