Unable to download Oculus software — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to download Oculus software

ThatThereTimThatThereTim Posts: 6
NerveGear
Howdy,

Got my Rift+Touch today, now trying to download the software. It stalls at 322Mb downloaded, then says "check connection. Sorry, we encountered and error during installation. Please check your connection and try running Oculus Setup again." 

My connection is fine and stable, I've excluded the setup program from my AV, and its running as administrator. There's no other useful info on Oculus' support FAQs.

Is something wrong on Oculus' end maybe?

Does anyone have a direct download for the setup files? Rather than this crappy launcher.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you try disabling anti-virus?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • TissoupsTissoups Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem, it stalls at 992mb
  • ThatThereTimThatThereTim Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Well, we've got further!

Here's a bunch of threads on the matter:

https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/33091/check-connection-error-when-running-oculussetup-exe

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35286/setup-cant-connect

https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/33091/check-connection-error-when-running-oculussetup-exe

Here's things I've tried from the suggestions:

1. disabling firewall
    2. setting a folder with permissions
    3. registry order (there was no entry yet)
    4. checking for a rogue Oculus service (none running yet)

Edit: ...oh, looks like it might have stalled at 727mb now... yep, dead.

Trying the OculusSetup.exe.config method now...
    NerveGear
    OculusSetup.exe.config method also did not work.

Deleting the cache, rebooting the pc, will try again after reboot...

Why the f**k can't Oculus supply an offline installer?!??

So far, first impressions: shitehawk company.
    NerveGear
    You should take HTC VIVE example with live chat to solve problems
    NerveGear
    Log attached.

It's the System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Intrinsics.dll' is denied. issue.

I have full permission control, this is a fresh install of W10 Home, logged in with my administrator account (also my Microsoft account).
    NerveGear
    I have done nothing and everything is working now
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 791
    3Jane
    The "shitehawk company" is your internet service provider there if you ask me.
    I also noticed these intrinsic.dll access errors in my setup logs, but since I never had a problem downloading and installing this can be ignored. Are you possibly running out of space on your HD, temp folder or something?
  • sjpeters79sjpeters79 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Found a solution that will work. Just right click on the exe and click run as admin. It'll work.
  • Valkyrie9Valkyrie9 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I tried that, it still didn't work.
    NerveGear
    flexy123 said:
    The "shitehawk company" is your internet service provider there if you ask me.
    I also noticed these intrinsic.dll access errors in my setup logs, but since I never had a problem downloading and installing this can be ignored. Are you possibly running out of space on your HD, temp folder or something?
    The HDD is a 1TB Samsung Pro 960 M.2 SSD, fresh install of Win10Pro... which only uses about 40gb... I'm sure 940Gb~ of space is enough for the installer ;)

@sjpeters79 been running the installer as admin from the start (rule of thumb with PCs: always run installers as admin).
  • droseofcdroseofc Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ever fix?