cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR Universal Menu no longer showing up

justinISO
Honored Guest
Hello I have a Galaxy S7 and my universal menu no longer shows up when I hold the back button in any app.
I can see the circle build in the middle of the screen, and it will go black for a second, and then just fades right back to whatever I was previously in. 

Anyone else seeing this issue or know how to fix it?
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
I haven't heard of this before. It may sound silly, but could you try just restarting your phone? Sometimes that fixes odd issues like that. Let me know if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

justinISO
Honored Guest
Yeah, that was the first thing that I tried, and unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try to uninstall all the Oculus and Gear VR service apps. See this article.
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1772668642989617
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

justinISO
Honored Guest
That seemed to do the trick thanks!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome! Thanks for following up.

Metal_Multiball
Heroic Explorer
Thanks @cybereality and @justinISO
I had the same problem and Cyber's solution worked for me also.

HackAzz
Explorer
This is not working for me!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pissed.....seems like this Samsung Gear VR thing is broke!!!!! I reinstalled all Oculus apps, did all I have read on the entire internet, but no menu at all, only thing that happens is after I keep holding the back button I see the circle and it is filling 3/4 and then it reboots into the  start screen where it says...Samsung VR blablabla! it just acts as a reset button now! WTF???? I dont want this SAMSUNG!!!!

HackAzz
Explorer
I wonder if support is going to answer me....I am afraid not..

Anyverse
Expert Protege

If people are having trouble logging into Oculus because of the Facebook Session Expired error or the No network connection error. It is possible to view the Universal Menu upon connecting the phone to the Gear VR headset.

First insert the phone into the headset, and after wearing the device it will prompt the user to login. At this point hold on to the return button on the headset for 30 seconds.

The viewer will turn black with a loading icon and should return you to the default view. At this point the Universal Menu should appear straight ahead towards the lower portion of your view. If it is outside of your visual range hold the center button of the headset and using the pointer reposition the Universal menu to somewhere within your view. It usually appears directly underneath where you position it.

Reset View Universal Menu repositioningReset View Universal Menu repositioning

Realign Universal menu
using Setting > Reset View button
Then follow the instruction "Click the touchpad or pull the trigger to place the panel where you're currently looking."