Oculus home graphic problem and other apps — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus home graphic problem and other apps

minos90minos90 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi, I don't know if I am the only one having this problem... but in Oculus Home, when I move my head from side to side there's some graphic problem... it's like some little part of the screen gets freezed for a micro second.... Its a similar effect like the one you get when the vsync is off in a game.. but more disturbing... it happens on that screen specially and another apps.... in oculus video app for example I didnt notice the problem...

Sorry for my bad english . And thank you 

Comments

• kavangekavange Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Yes I have that too and it's actually a lot worse now with android 7. Hopefully there will be an update at some point.
  • minos90minos90 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you very much for your reply! It's true what you mentioned about Android 7!
    Hope they release a fix soon!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited March 2017
    AFAIK Android 7 is not fully supported right now, which may lead to strange issues like this.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • kavangekavange Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2017
    AFAIK Android 7 is not fully supported right now, which may lead to strange issues like this.
    It's basically rolled out everywhere in the world now for S7/S7 Edge and it's been in beta 6 months before that.
  • Norman3DNorman3D Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    kavange said:
    It's basically rolled out everywhere in the world now for S7/S7 Edge and it's been in beta 6 months before that.
    Did you ever get this issue fixed?
    Android 7 is supported, I can guarantee that.
    That being said, I'm having the same issue on our game. Downgrading to Android 6 gets rid of the problem, but of course that's not a solution. The fact of the matter is that the vertical tearing is only present when updating the Samsung S7 to Android 7.
  • relaxculusrelaxculus Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    how can i roll back Andoird 6 to my new S7? thx