New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus home graphic problem and other apps

minos90minos90 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi, I don't know if I am the only one having this problem... but in Oculus Home, when I move my head from side to side there's some graphic problem... it's like some little part of the screen gets freezed for a micro second.... Its a similar effect like the one you get when the vsync is off in a game.. but more disturbing... it happens on that screen specially and another apps.... in oculus video app for example I didnt notice the problem...

Sorry for my bad english . And thank you 

Comments

• kavangekavange Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Yes I have that too and it's actually a lot worse now with android 7. Hopefully there will be an update at some point.
  • minos90minos90 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you very much for your reply! It's true what you mentioned about Android 7!
    Hope they release a fix soon!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited March 2017
    AFAIK Android 7 is not fully supported right now, which may lead to strange issues like this.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • kavangekavange Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2017
    AFAIK Android 7 is not fully supported right now, which may lead to strange issues like this.
    It's basically rolled out everywhere in the world now for S7/S7 Edge and it's been in beta 6 months before that.
  • Norman3DNorman3D Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    kavange said:
    It's basically rolled out everywhere in the world now for S7/S7 Edge and it's been in beta 6 months before that.
    Did you ever get this issue fixed?
    Android 7 is supported, I can guarantee that.
    That being said, I'm having the same issue on our game. Downgrading to Android 6 gets rid of the problem, but of course that's not a solution. The fact of the matter is that the vertical tearing is only present when updating the Samsung S7 to Android 7.
  • relaxculusrelaxculus Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    how can i roll back Andoird 6 to my new S7? thx