cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous - Controller required?

stonkintime
Explorer
Hi guys!#I just got a 2nd hand rift off fleaBay yesterday. Regretably it did NOT come with an xBox One Controller or Touch Controllers. I downloaded ED CMD Edition and I can launch it - but it stays on an eternal black screen.

I have a buddy coming over in 1 hour and we really love to play ED.

Q. Am I sh!t out of luck? aka Q. Is a xBox controller mandatory for ED CMD Edition to load/operate?

TIA, Stu

PS : Touch already on order 😉
18 REPLIES 18

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
What are you expecting to use instead?  Keyboard and mouse?  Haha.

X-box controller is garbage for E:D.  It works,Kinda...But what you really want is a HOTAS setup, like the Saitek X-52

stonkintime
Explorer
yeah my buddy is bringing one... but how can I set that up? 

Im already using ED on my LED

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Don't forget whilst in settings to change to HMD or similar ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

elboffor
Consultant

TwoHedWlf said:

X-box controller is garbage for E:D.  It works,Kinda...But what you really want is a HOTAS setup, like the Saitek X-52

Pfft X-52 peasant, don't listen to @TwoHedWlf. 
You want a X-52 Pro like me. I dont know what the difference is, but surely the pro is far superior because of reasons.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
X52 pro Pfft you want an X55 which is far far superior because of many other reasons and stuff 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

elboffor said:

TwoHedWlf said:

Pfft X-52 peasant, don't listen to @TwoHedWlf. 
You want a X-52 Pro like me. I dont know what the difference is, but surely the pro is far superior because of reasons.

X52 pro?  Pfftt, peasant.  Only poor people have X52s, I have an X55.

elboffor
Consultant
https://youtu.be/aDMsGl_XxTk
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

stonkintime
Explorer

TwoHedWlf said:

A joystick or hotas setup

TickTock
Heroic Explorer
yes

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx