cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submarine combat game - Ironwolf VR (On Steam)

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Hey this hasn't been mentioned here yet, so I think this deserves a quick mention. It's just released early access so it's not done, but it's a good foundation to build on, and already fun.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552080/

It's a roomscale submarine game, best suited for coop play though, in my opinion, but perfectly playable in sp. You need the minimum required roomscale space or things will be out of reach. Each player can be in charge of their own section of the sub, but for now anymore than 3 players will be to crowded for the departments that there is right now. You control the sub through several handles and switches and wheels, and there are two departments so far, with more to come. There are also gauges which show damage, depth, oxygen etc. Also there is an anti aircraft gun on the deck or what ever it's called.  

While it doesn't support Touch officially it works fine, the hands are slightly off position, but not in anyway something that interferes with anything, you notice and then you forget.

Check it out if you are into these types of games.
13 REPLIES 13

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
This looks sooooooogooood.  Ive been waiting for a game for VR that is online and requires crew members like BlackWake.  Though there is noPVP.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
I'm not sure, but since the page says multiplayer and coop I assume that pvp will come. If it isn't on the roadmap I'm sure plenty will request it at least.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
well i jumped on and got the game and i have to say its frickin sweet.  Played the first single player mission and it was fun.  I want to play some Multi too.  When i went to find a round it was like nobody else was playing the game.  No lobbies in the US servers.  Created a match and nobody joined.  Love the game but im gonna keep it under 2 hours for as long as possible because if the player count for multi doesnt jump im gonna refund.  I feel the replay in this will be the multiplayer stuff

add me on steam Tyrial87 or Tyrael  the profile pic is 4 pics of myself in one pic.  Im not vein. 

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Yes, the multiplayer is enabled, at least I played yesterday. It seems there are no immiediate plans of pvp though.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
You see the other players as floating full helmet gas masks and hands. There is coming more stuff to do, like repairing damage, and possible more but I haven't looked that much into the plans. I think that interesting missions will also go a long way in keeping it fresh. They are planning on adding an open world campaign too.

maxpare79
Trustee
Played this last night with my friend and we had a blast...died a lot but was fun!
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
@Arock387 I've sent you a friend request on steam, my steam alias is Diabolic.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
I dont see a request bro, ill send you one just in case

well, There are a lot of Diabolic on steam.  whats your profile pic look like

Arock387
Heroic Explorer