New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Superhot extremely annoying.

VR_2_GPVVR_2_GPV Posts: 11
NerveGear
When you play endless mode you really see how offen the game bugs out :(

Im talking about when objects throw'n at them just bounch off and nothing happens,

Also the fact that you cant pickup things you arent looking directly at!

Once in a while you look down at a weapon and align your hand with a weapon  ( and make sure it is "glowing" ) you look up to make sure nothing stupid happens while that tiny amount of time pass as you pick up the weapon....

But surrprice! fu didnt happen! You cant pickup something from the floor without looking at it at the same time!

Am I the only one that finds this extremely annoying in an otherwise awesome game?

Comments

• neddycgoonneddycgoon Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    The look to pickup a weapon requirement is the absolute best feature of the game it intensifies everything and makes it much more challenging I also like the odd time something thrown doesn't stop an opponent it adds to the pressure.The Forever update made this my absolute go to game for instant fun Im loving everything about endless mode.
  • VR_2_GPVVR_2_GPV Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Care to explain how that is a good "feature" ?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,319 Valuable Player
    gpv_knud said:
    Care to explain how that is a good "feature" ?
    The game is clearly about having so many "movements" allowed before the enemy can kill you. Having to look at your weapons to grab them is part of the movement strategy. Similar to turn-based games where a players units can only move so many "steps" at a time.

Super Hot combines turn-based strategy concepts in to a First Person Shooter genre; and being forced to look at the objects you wish to interact with is an integral part of the overall strategy and purpose of this type of game.

I suppose we should also note that you do not have to actually look at the enemies you wish to kill. I have blindly killed many enemies, and that feels pretty awesome.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • weasel47weasel47 Posts: 299
    Nexus 6
    I don't know if things are different in endless mode (haven't tried it yet) but in the original version for Rift, I'm pretty sure that turning my head didn't advance time... 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,319 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017
    weasel47 said:
    I don't know if things are different in endless mode (haven't tried it yet) but in the original version for Rift, I'm pretty sure that turning my head didn't advance time... 
    Yes I believe you are correct. Having to look at the weapons means you must gauge the exact number of moves your hand can make before you are able to successfully grab the weapon; with the minimal number of moves required.

Aside from the movement, there is an added level of suspense created when you are forced to take your eyes off the enemy. If you could just freely look at every enemy, at every angle, while your hands grab weapons unconstrained, then a lot of strategy is lost.

There are some levels where an enemy surprised the hell out of me because I was looking straight and left (after already checking the right side), yet I performed so many moves that a previously unseen enemy appeared in my blind spot. If we no longer have to look at the weapons we're reaching for, then blind spots and the element of surprise are instantly gone.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane