Ripcoil blew my sack apart — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Ripcoil blew my sack apart

JCTrickJCTrick Posts: 9
NerveGear
I know a lot of people can't hang with Ripcoil's movement speeds... But for those of us that can?!?! WOW!! It's CRAZY fun!

Give it a try. Just practice for 15 minutes.

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,675 Valuable Player
    I put several hours in the first week I got it. I had no problems with the movement, and my favorite part was the realistic arena.

I had a blast trying to master punching the disc, although (luckily) my sack remains intact.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • krectuskrectus Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Thanks for the warning, will avoid for sure, don't want that happening to me!
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,380 Valuable Player
    I've had Ripcoil in my library for ages, but I finally played it for the first time recently (was trying to play D&B with someone, but it was having server issues, so he invited me to play Ripcoil instead).

It took a few minutes to get used to the movement (kept overshooting and losing my balance), but the game is quite fun.

Maybe we should get a forum tournament going once we finish the Quickdraw one. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,675 Valuable Player
    I am completely open to that. Hell we can start the sign-ups today! I'd be happy to setup another Brackets Tourny on Challonge.com unless someone else wants to the the lead on this.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,690 Valuable Player
    Yeah, let me know when that goes on, I'd love to participate (if I'm not busy, of course)

I only played it briefly just after getting it.. quickly decided that catching and throwing the discs wasn't nearly as fun as adopting a boxing stance and power-punching it every single time.

Pro tip:  Make sure to do a victory dance every time you score a goal. Your opponents will love it.
    Merry Riftmas, everybody!
  • Ultralow36Ultralow36 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Love this game cant hardly find people to play agaist ..add me as a friend ...Ultralow36
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,866 Valuable Player
    Love this game cant hardly find people to play agaist ..add me as a friend ...Ultralow36
    Did I hear my name mentioned? 
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    Aye, finding people to play with (especially during the week) can be a long and tedious process.
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 722
    Trinity
    Since launch I've only lost 4 games 
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    someone

Didnt even mention it was me, sat all high and mighty in the dnb tourney as undefeated.
    I appreciate not wanting to show you have had contact with us loser bracket nubs but dam that hurt :(

This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,380 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017
    elboffor said:
    nalex66 said:
    someone

Didnt even mention it was me, sat all high and mighty in the dnb tourney as undefeated.
    I appreciate not wanting to show you have had contact with us loser bracket nubs but dam that hurt :(

Sorry, @elboffor kindly invited me to play Ripcoil and didn't mock me too badly as I got my bearings and tried it out for the first time.

Since you've signed up for the new Ripcoil tournament, I'm sure you'll get your chance to defeat me in virtual battle.  ;)
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB