New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rogue One, Star Wars.. Comments.??

Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 955
Trinity
Get better security Darth Vader. Jesus !!

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,661 Valuable Player
    Jesus is better security? Don't think so mate.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 8,252 Power Poster
    edited March 20
    The security was so good that the attack was a suicide mission. I'm pretty sure that counts as amongst the best security possible.
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

• Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 955
    Trinity
    edited March 20
    Zenbane said:
    The security was so good that the attack was a suicide mission. I'm pretty sure that counts as amongst the best security possible.
    If I was the Imperial Empire, I would have just destroyed the communications dish at the top of the data storage tower.
    Simple logic really. 
    What's up with the CGI commander. That is so lame.. honestly.. just get a real actor.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 3,763 Volunteer Moderator
    Biggest problem with Rogue One: they left out Kyle Katarn!
    It was Kyle that stole the death star plans in the lucas arts game Dark Forces.

Kyle was an ex imperial soldier who became a mercenary, then a jedi. He walked the line between the light and dark side, used guns in addition to a light saber, and was just a cool character, and even had a real actor for the video cut scenes.

But thanks to disney, Kyle's part in the Starwars story has been removed. :(

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,428 Valuable Player
    I really liked it and preferred parts of it to Force Awakens, Force awakens was a very safe film and didn't try push anything too far, which was the strong point to Rogue One, I didn't feel like they were holding back in-case they upset the fans.

Rogue One has an great film aesthetic, it was shot like an old war film, and had the best cinematography of all the newer films, I felt like you could pause it at any moment and it would make a great poster.
    Bringing Peter Cushing back to life was a high point to the movie and extremely creepy at the same time !!!
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 691
    Neo
    I'm just wondering how many times I'm going to have to watch all the Star Wars films to see them in the correct order??
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,646 Valuable Player
    Pure cheese and cameos (maybe I'll ask for that next time I'm ordering a pizza) but sometimes when you remove the critical head it's just nice to kick back and be entertained for what it is.

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • FlukeFluke Posts: 174
    Art3mis
    molokow said:
    What's up with the CGI commander. That is so lame.. honestly.. just get a real actor.
    Because they wanted the original Tarkin. I'd agree though, it wasn't good enough for a character that featured as much as he did. Would have been great if it had been a full CGI movie, but not when replacing one alongside real actors.
    In-VR Gaming Convention: http://queue.vip/8nNttrc
    Trinity
    edited March 20
    I have a better chance of getting a job with the imperial force than these people. Dont they predict outcomes?
    Seriously, Seriously. Get some people in a room watching security cameras around vulnerable areas in the base. 

First thing I would do is take my army to a shooting range. I mean fark me.. talk about bad shots.
    It appears you need about 20 storm troopers to shoot 1 individual target to hit it an even then !
    molokow said:

Seriously, Seriously. Get some people in a room watching security cameras around vulnerable areas in the base.
    They did, and Ip Man died trying to push a button. You sure you watched the whole movie? lol

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,193 Oculus Staff
    So you're concerned that the security camera system wasn't realistic but had no problem with all the other stuff that clearly doesn't exist like light sabers and faster-than-light space travel?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Trinity
    edited March 21
    So you're concerned that the security camera system wasn't realistic but had no problem with all the other stuff that clearly doesn't exist like light sabers and faster-than-light space travel?
    Light sabers and Jedi are real Cyber.
    I thought the Droid was the best part about the movie.

I mean ... what would I know, I just do strategical analysis.

Ok guys, we got intruders in the base.
    Let's send out the worst shooters in our army. 

Additionally, who the hell put a hard drive port accessible at the top of the communications tower??
    I am going to fire that guy.

molokow said:
    Ok guys, we got intruders in the base.
    Let's send out the worst shooters in our army.
    I mean this in the nicest way possible... but you kinda just gave a metaphor for your posting style lol

Also, while the shooters are really bad, they did end up killing all the intruders. I've said this 3 times already, but you don't seem interested in the fact that this was a suicide mission. Probably because it kind of ruins your entire complaint strategy here. Which is similar to storm trooper strategy.

Trinity
    edited March 21
    Zenbane, the kill ratio is astronomical. 
    40 storm troopers to 1 Rebel. 
    I mean seriously, stupid.
    The storm troopers looked militarily trained and disciplined, yet cant fire straight.

They storm troopers did not kill the last 2 rebels. In fact, they thought it necessary to destroy the whole base because of a handful of rebels.
    Ridiculous !

It was not meant to be a suicide mission, it was just the death star blew up the whole base.
    There was the risk of suicide and they didnt suicide they were murdered.

edited March 21
    molokow said:

Right, they were all murdered because the defenses were really good. But you keep arguing otherwise.

Anyway, my suggestion is for you to stick to documentaries.

Also, there were 7 other Star Wars movies that came before this one, where Storm Troopers became legends for their overwhelming ability to miss. Unless this is your first Star Wars movie... then I have no idea what you tricked yourself in to believing.

• kojackkojack Posts: 3,763 Volunteer Moderator
    molokow said:

The storm troopers looked militarily trained and disciplined, yet cant fire straight.
    It's not so easy to fire when wearing a large helmet with a low field of view. :)

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,193 Oculus Staff
    edited March 21
    Also, if the rebel attack was (realistically) squashed, the movie would have lasted 45 minutes, everyone you cared about would have died, and the whole movie would have been a real downer.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • AndrewJ71AndrewJ71 Posts: 279
    Nexus 6
    Yeah, you mentioned they sent out their worst shooters. All previous evidence would indicate these guys were the Empire's best.

I mean... they had a couple of dozen troopers firing a barrage of shots at Chirrut and one of them actually managed to hit him. That's crack-shot marksmanship as far as these guys are concerned.  :D
    Trinity
    Zenbane said:
    molokow said:

Right, they were all murdered because the defenses were really good. But you keep arguing otherwise.

Anyway, my suggestion is for you to stick to documentaries.

Also, there were 7 other Star Wars movies that came before this one, where Storm Troopers became legends for their overwhelming ability to miss. Unless this is your first Star Wars movie... then I have no idea what you tricked yourself in to believing.
    It wasnt there defenses that stopped them escaping. That was only part of it.
    They ran out of time to get a ship to escape.
    Trinity
    edited March 21
    AndrewJ71 said:
    Yeah, you mentioned they sent out their worst shooters. All previous evidence would indicate these guys were the Empire's best.

I mean... they had a couple of dozen troopers firing a barrage of shots at Chirrut and one of them actually managed to hit him. That's crack-shot marksmanship as far as these guys are concerned.  :D
    The guys in black storm trooper gear appear the be special forces, yet got sliced apart like a hot knife through butter with shots from a hand gun at distance.
    Dude this is before the death star was really built, rogue one. They were a bad shot at this point in time and continue through the narrative with bad shots.

Not to mention the automatic turrets on Imperial ships... Jesus !! Bad shot or what.
    They need Rambo dude.

edited March 21
    molokow said:
    You seem to have missed a lot of the movie.

Trinity
    edited March 21
    Zenbane said:
    molokow said:
    You seem to have missed a lot of the movie.
    OH really !
    Well they did not have the time to escape.
    The death star is not part of the defense system.
    Defense defends, not destroys what it supposed to defend.

I remember them sitting on the beach together. Still could have escaped somewhere.
    edited March 21
    molokow said:

So you don't know much about the Sith then.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

Trinity
    edited March 21
    Zenbane said:
    molokow said:

So you don't know much about the Sith then.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

Thou shall not shoot straight;
    Thou shall not use top of the range security systems;
    Thou shall not keep the passwords to mainframes only on their person.

They forgot to add that.
    edited March 21
    Have you seen the other 7 movies that came before this one? You act as though this is your first Star Wars movie, so I'm curious how many of the others you have seen.

Also, Sith <> Storm Troopers

Trinity
    edited March 21
    Zenbane said:
    Have you seen the other 7 movies that came before this one? You act as though this is your first Star Wars movie, so I'm curious how many of the others you have seen.

Also, Sith <> Storm Troopers
    This is the first movie in the narrative so far. The movie depicts the beginning of the narrative. Does not mean the first movie made.
    Just saying, they are a bad shot in this movie and still are in all the proceeding narrative movies.. 
    Get it =/

jesus.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,428 Valuable Player
    molokow said:
    First thing I would do is take my army to a shooting range. I mean fark me.. talk about bad shots.

Darth Vader had other plans...

Trinity
    FrozenPea said:
    molokow said:

Darth Vader had other plans...

Yeh.. I dont get the joke.
    But ahaha..
    See frog boy it's well known =