Fallout4VR at E3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Fallout4VR at E3

kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
Wintermute
just saw this article on Fallout4VR heading to E3 this year...

https://gamerant.com/fallout-4-vr-e3-2017/

The article says that it's going to be released for the Vive this year - It'll be interesting to see if it comes to the Rift or if we'll be locked out.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
Tagged:

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,717 Volunteer Moderator
    It'll most likely be a Steam release which will work fine on the Rift through SteamVR.

Slight chance they might hardware-block it like Google Earth VR, out of spite. But, also like Google Earth VR, someone would most likely find a way to bypass the block like they did with FakeVive.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Aidens12Aidens12 Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    yea, i really hope the legal issues between zenimax and oculus dont mean we wont be able to enjoy Fallout 4 in VR. I haven't played fallout 4 yet, and i was intending to wait until the VR version came out to experience it, but im half expecting that it wont come to the rift.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    Adinsx12 said:
    yea, i really hope the legal issues between zenimax and oculus dont mean we wont be able to enjoy Fallout 4 in VR. I haven't played fallout 4 yet, and i was intending to wait until the VR version came out to experience it, but im half expecting that it wont come to the rift.
    me too..

as for spite @nalex66 , people do worse for less reasoning so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. stuff like this makes me laugh (well cry, but you gotta laugh or go postal one day) when I see articles about people saying that timed exclusives are bad for the industry (soooo not trying to open up that whole can of worms in this thread)
    I don't really expect to be Rift-blocked, but you never know. At the end of the day they want to sell copies, and VR is a small market. Plus, their beef is with the Oculus founders, not their customers. On the other hand, the threatened injunction to try to block use of Oculus software sounded like a whole lot of sour grapes.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    nalex66 said:
    I don't really expect to be Rift-blocked, but you never know. At the end of the day they want to sell copies, and VR is a small market. Plus, their beef is with the Oculus founders, not their customers. On the other hand, the threatened injunction to try to block use of Oculus software sounded like a whole lot of sour grapes.
    That's my hope too.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,576 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017
    Well talk about biting your nose off to spite your own face. I can't see this happening they would lose vast amounts of money from CV1 owners. They would also be spiting all the Oculus customers who have done nothing but purchase a Rift. If they did this they would have nothing to gain but lots to lose.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    I will buy this only if it is available on Oculus Store.
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
  • MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    Yeah i can't see it being locked, business is business and the end goal is to keep VR alive and business running. 
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,068
    3Jane
    I am probably alone in saying this but ... these type of fps are better played on a large 4K screen. That is my choice as it looks so good but in VR for me anyway,  I get really sick and feel bit claustrophobic  :s
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6

I guess Fallout 4 VR won't be launched for Oculus, judging by the relationship between the two companies, and the fact that at the end of the news it was stated clearly that it will be released for Vive, purposefully leaving out Rift.

The sales won't be affected much, because of fake vive and things like that.

I could be wrong. Zenimax may be a bigger man than I thought. Who knows.

• PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    Fallout 4 was a failure of a game anyway.  Testimony of it's own fans.  The strongest aspect of the game was the ability to mod it from its original form.  Nobody ever showed any excitement for the story plot unfolding around the disappearance of the kid.  Never once saw did I see a single positive review from any commentator or gamer, whether they were fans of Fallout, or were trying it for the first time. 

...great graphics with nowhere to go.
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    Pablito said:
    Fallout 4 was a failure of a game anyway.  Testimony of it's own fans.  The strongest aspect of the game was the ability to mod it from its original form.  Nobody ever showed any excitement for the story plot unfolding around the disappearance of the kid.  Never once saw did I see a single positive review from any commentator or gamer, whether they were fans of Fallout, or were trying it for the first time. 

Um....you need to look harder.  Fallout 4 sold twelve million copies of the game in the first twenty four hours of being released.  It also has an aggregate score of almost 87% on Gamerankings..so I'm not sure what your idea of "failure" is, but mine is the complete opposite of what I just said.
  • DuffvaderDuffvader Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    I find fallout 4 awesome. I tried fallout 3 and couldn't get more than 2 hours of playtime. But with fallout 4, i spent more than 100 hours on the vanilla version.

The atmosphere in fallout 4 is stunning. The well placed items all over the world, tells stories, what could happened here and there. This is one of the best game from Bethesda I have ever played. 
    3Jane
    edited March 2017
    Pablito said:

Wrong.  If you're going to make a false statement, try one that isn't so easily refuted by actual facts.

84% PC
    87% PS4
    88% XONE

Generally, anything with aggregated critic reviews of 80%+ is a quality game for most people and also a strong indicator of sales performance. 
    3Jane
    Duffvader said:
    I find fallout 4 awesome. I tried fallout 3 and couldn't get more than 2 hours of playtime. But with fallout 4, i spent more than 100 hours on the vanilla version.

The atmosphere in fallout 4 is stunning. The well placed items all over the world, tells stories, what could happened here and there. This is one of the best game from Bethesda I have ever played. 
    It's even better for those who have finished Fallout 1 & 2, as the storylines and mythos tie together.
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    edited March 2017

We at Zenimax don't want to make anything that is related to VR. No, Carmack! Shut the f**** up! We have no clue how to make a HMD. And to be honest: We have no clue about anything, but we have Carmack. He knows a lot, except for wiping a hard drive. Carmack? Oh. He is gone. So, well: The Rift is our product. And we have lawers. So... VR, right? Let's make some VR games.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
    Pablito said:

Fallout 4 was only Bethesda's most successful game ever.

Such failure. So much disappoint. :'(