cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many sensors can rift handle

JohnRB
Protege
I just brought the 4th sensor. How many can the software handle. Three have work good, but have a small blind spot on the back side if I get turned around. I know a lot have 4.

As I was buying the sensor, I notice the cable replacement for the head set, it had 3 cables, looked like like 2 ubs and I hdmi. I bought one of the first rifts and I only have 2 cables???
3 REPLIES 3

kevink808
Superstar
You answered your own question: 4. But software isn't the bottleneck, your motherboard USB data throughput potentially is. Tons and tons of threads on this topic.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

mosiff
Expert Protege
I think right now support max 4 sensors, maybe in future it supports more but then it will problem with bandwidth. I think oculus and other companies are more focus on inside out tracking , so they can get rid of sensors.

As for the cable , there are 2. The 3rd is the other end of cable , that goes to hmd.

Captain_Squarey
Protege
I think it would have been better if they used tiny sensors in the headset itself. 1 pointing forward, one on left and right sides and one on back of headset. Then you dont need the sensors on stands because the ones in headset detects everything for you 🙂