cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hats off to Oculus support

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Having read all the various moans and complaints and horror stories about support, I was not expecting a quick result to a problem that had manifested itself following my recent PC upgrade (Headset HDMI disconnect errors).

However, it has all been cleared up within a few hours - and that on a Sunday! I sent my support request this afternoon. By early evening I had a response with suggestions of what to try to get it working, and what info was required by support to try and assess the situation. On completing the items listed the problem seems to have been resolved.

One happy customer! Hopefully the problem won't return, but if it does, I'll know what to try first, before contacting support.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
5 REPLIES 5

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Nice man. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome news! Thanks for sharing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Percy1983
Superstar
Thanks for posting, its nice you took the time. At times it can seem like there isn't a single working rift as the ones with problems are very vocal while those of us with no problems don't feel the need to report everything is fine everyday.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

DarkTenka
Trustee

Percy1983 said:

Thanks for posting, its nice you took the time. At times it can seem like there isn't a single working rift as the ones with problems are very vocal while those of us with no problems don't feel the need to report everything is fine everyday.

Yea, it's odd. People only speak up in the extreme cases, if everything is working as expected no one feels like they need to say anything and it just leads to a very skewed misinterpretation of general operational quality.

I do find the negetive reception to Oculus Support very confusing though, since just as OP describes I've had nothing but good support from them.

blanes
Rising Star
Yeah I agree, they are doing a great job and deserve recognition for it. Whatever problems they had in the past is past. I worked through my issues with support over 3 or 4 days and now have returned my Rift to await checking before they send me out a replacement. I found all the guys I dealt with to be prompt, helpful and thoroughly professional & courteous.

Huge thanks to Ryder, George & Monty they are my picks for employee-z of the month !  ❤️ 🙂