If under warrenty, is it possible to replace a defective HDMI cable? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

If under warrenty, is it possible to replace a defective HDMI cable?

TaiFictionTaiFiction Posts: 1
NerveGear
I been having this 'HDMI fail to connect then reappear again after a few seconds' for a while now. Tried several methods to work around it, but starting to be a big thorn during gameplay. I am still under the 1 year warranty, is it possible to get some kind of replacement. I would think the cable could be the issue.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NibreNibre Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    If it is indeed the cable that's causing it, then I'd imagine that support should be able to get you a new one under the warranty. I would try contacting Oculus Support to see if they might have some more things for you to try, to verify that is the problem.

I know that there can be problems with the HDMI connection if it isn't directly connected to the graphics card HDMI port. So if you're using an extension cable, or something like a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, try without it to see if there's any positive change.

Double check that your graphics drivers are up to date, so that they shouldn't be causing anything. And trying different USB ports may also help, as maybe it's not delivering quite enough power to the Rift (or something like that).
  • NibreNibre Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    If it is indeed the cable that's causing it, then I'd imagine that support should be able to get you a new one under the warranty. I would try contacting Oculus Support to see if they might have some more things for you to try, to verify that is the problem.

I know that there can be problems with the HDMI connection if it isn't directly connected to the graphics card HDMI port. So if you're using an extension cable, or something like a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, try without it to see if there's any positive change.

Double check that your graphics drivers are up to date, so that they shouldn't be causing anything. And trying different USB ports may also help, as maybe it's not delivering quite enough power to the Rift (or something like that).