New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I have the Oculus touch but Robo recall is not free Please help

KingMorrisKingMorris Posts: 7
NerveGear
I just got my Oculus rift today but when i try downloading Robo recall it cost me 29.99€ i thought it was free

Comments

• GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    Did you setup both your Rift headset and your Touch Controllers? Have you restarted the Oculus App, and just for safe measure, your PC as well?
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    I just got my Oculus rift today but when i try downloading Robo recall it cost me 29.99€ i thought it was free
    It's only free if you have Touch controllers.  It only knows you have them if you've installed and configured them.  Sounds like you had not.
  • KingMorrisKingMorris Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I did all of this They working perfect ingame but even when i try using them on ingame store its say that its not free. :cry: And yes i paired both controllers. 
    NerveGear
    Here is proof that i bought the Oculus Touch
    Trinity
    edited April 2017
    Idk if while in VR it should say that it will be free. I do know it should say free when you look at the store on your PC monitor.

If all tries fail to get you the game for free, open up a support ticket @ https://support.oculus.com/ and they'll help you get things sorted out.

I would also try to click on the "buy" button for the game on your PC monitor, just in case it's not updating the pricing image properly. Seeing as you'll need to enter your PIN and/or credit card info before purchase, only clicking on the button won't charge you anything.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    NerveGear
    Do i have to add a Paying method? 
    Trinity
    That may actually be the issue at hand, but theoretically you shouldn't (truthfully, I don't know the answer to this, hopefully someone can chime in. I added my credit card info as soon as I got things up and running). Eventually, you'll have to add one if you wish to purchase games on the store anyways.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
  • n3cr0-0n3cr0-0 Posts: 186
    Art3mis
    Honestly I would do a support ticket; RoboRecall should be free.

The status may change after restarting Oculus home. The status may change by a restart of the computer.. (pretty sure you have tried that already though) I would do a support ticket before I clicked "buy" anything ... Just my thoughts on the matter.
    NerveGear
    I did open a Support ticket, Thanks for all the Help! :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    I bet if you added a payment method it would pop up as purchased :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,421 Volunteer Moderator
    I'm not sure if Roborecall works the same way, but the other free software (Medium, Quill, etc) locks to the first account used with the touch controllers.

Did you buy the touch controllers from oculus / amazon / other store or second hand?
    Are you currently using the same oculus account as when you unboxed the touch (nobody else has used them) and first installed them?

Second hand touch or other accounts on the same system don't get the free stuff.

• e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    I agree with @kojack. If the controllers aren't brand new and we're used you won't get the freebies.  Are you sure the contt
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • enageeDigital247enageeDigital247 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Very Apple like behaviour , got my touch as a gift (from exchange shop) and not eligible to download Robo recall..........even though i got the controllers before the game was released.

Whats to stop people buying from retailers and returning the touch?

• kermit56780kermit56780 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    probably been solved anyhows, i had the same issue, went to the store only tobe confronted by enter your pin even thou i had touch controllers, so i re-ran touch install and presto, now says purchased.