cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Recall Crashing and now won't even load

rbodden89
Sightseer

So I was having problems with Robo Recall crashing whenever I tried to load missions 1.2 or 2.1. I tried contacting Epic games since it was giving me an Unreal Engine error, who ultimately told me to create a ticket with Oculus Support. After following some steps from Oculus Support the game won't load at all now. Does anyone have any ideas or insight? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Oculus Launcher and Robo Recall. Deleting all Oculus folders. Updating my drivers. Nothing works. If anything the problem is getting worse. 
49 REPLIES 49

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Can you post your PC specs (as many details as possible, especially if you're overclocking anything). Along with any additional programs that you run during your VR experience (anti-virus, hardware monitors, specialty peripheral software for your mouse/keyboard/controllers, etc.)
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

rbodden89
Sightseer
PC Specs: 
-Intel i7-6700k @ 3.40Ghz
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
-16 GB RAM 
-2-Sensor, Moderate Size Setup

Running in the background:
-Alienware Command Center; which I've tried uninstalling but Robo Recall still crashes. 
-Nvidia GeForce Experience
-Windows Defender

All my drivers are up to date as well. I have my Oculus Logs as well if those would help at all. I really appreciate your willingness to help 
🙂 

AQfumes
Adventurer
@rbodden89 I'm guessing by your specs that you're using a laptop? If so, have you tried looking into the Nvidia control panel to see if the Oculus program and others are using the Nvidia gfx card and not the laptop's intergrated gfx? 

In the Nvidia control panel select Manage 3d Settings in the sub-menu of 3d settings. Go to Program Settings and uncheck the box that says 'Show only programs found on this computer'. Click the add button and this opens a window with recently used programs. 
Start by clicking the Oculus program exe. and the Robo Recall exe. if it appears in the list. For each program select your graphics card in the drop-down menu for preferred graphics card, make sure it's not set to INTEGRATED graphics.

Do this for all programs in the list then press save and reset the laptop. It's worth a shot to take a look, cause it may be what's causing the crashes and also make sure the laptop is always plugged in while using the Rift and not on battery power, that can cause poor performance as well.

Good luck.

rbodden89
Sightseer
@AQfumes I'm actually running an Alienware Aurora desktop. I checked out the Nvidia Control Panel and it looks like everything is set to my global setting which are the GTX 1080 card. Oculus has actually recommended that I reformat my hard drive at this point. Since this is a purely gaming computer I'm going to go ahead and give that a shot and see what comes of it. Fingers crossed. Appreciate all the feedback and I'll update with my results. 

MadtownSassy
Honored Guest
Same story @rbodden, I had played Robo Recall every day for about 7 days and as of Tuesday (4/4/17) night the game will not load. I must say my situation is different because I am on an Alienware 17 with a Graphics Amplifier housing a GTX 1070, but as of 3 days ago, I am completely unable to play Robo Recall, I have tried re-installing the game, graphics drivers, got rid of command center altogether, also tried enabling in Nvidia Control Panel, then finally tried a clean install of windows and still zero luck.

Symptoms are standard, I select the game in Oculus Home start and it gives me the "Sorry Robo Recall is take a while...", so I check my desktop where robo recall is hung up, either a black screen or a white screen that hasn't maximized yet. If I run task manager, robo recall is "not responding". 

The rest of my library is still running fine, but something destroyed my ability to play Robo Recall. One of those situations where I would gladly sacrifice every other game in my library just to play RR, typical that my favorite game is the one that won't run. 

rbodden89
Sightseer
@MadtownSassy I was able to get the game working again. I had to reformat my hard drive and do a clean install of windows. So I had to completely delete everything off my SSD before reinstalling windows, instead of doing a standard repair. After a long back and forth with Oculus, with many different troubleshooting tasks they ultimately recommended this approach. Luckily my PC is solely for gaming, so I had nothing too valuable and didn't mind spending the time completing the clean install or reinstall my various programs. Good luck @MadtownSassy. I was just as annoyed and frustrated as you. Robo Recall is easily mt favorite VR game and definitely one of my favorite gaming experiences period. 

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
Same shit just started occurring with my Robo Recall.

Robo Recall update w/ new 360 teleport 4/4/17
Nvidia GPU recent software update 4/4 or 4/5

Robot Recall has NOT loaded at all since.  All other applications function without any issue.

dougchism
Expert Protege
What NVidia drivers are you all on? 

rbodden89
Sightseer
@samsungtx If you have the time and patience I recommend reformatting and doing a clean Windows install. Seems like way too much unnecessary work but I promise I did every other troubleshooting task under the sun and sent oculus like 4 different support logs before caving. Now the game runs just as smooth as when I first installed it. 

@dougchism I couldn't tell you right now but that was one of the first steps I took and the card was already up to date so didn't make a difference.