New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Some games, including Robo Recall, randomly stopped working with the use of extension cables.

HenryP27HenryP27 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello everybody!

I got Robo Recall not too long ago and it was working perfectly. However, a few days ago I got a very particular problem. After the first loading screen my Rift flashes and loses its HDMI signal. If I keep playing the screen goes completely black and then I need to close the Oculus App to make my Rift work again.

I am having the same problem with Super Hot, and Bullet Train whenever I teleport. I own two computers and it was working just fine in both of them. However, I randomly started having this problem in both of them. I use really long HDMI and USB extension cables. I did a bunch of different tests and I found out the problem is caused by the HDMI signal and not the USB one. 

I use a powered splitter which is the only thing that makes my setup work. My setup worked just fine during the first month, but now these three games don't work on any of my two computers. I actually bought a new splitter because I thought the ones I had were probably malfunctioning, but this new one did not work either. I tried uninstalling the games and the Oculus app, and this did not work. These three games work just fine when the Rifts are connected directly to my computers, but using this kind of setup is not a possibility for my business.

The only thing I have not tried is the HTC VIVE Link Box, which is supposed to work perfectly with the Rift when using extension cables. If anyone knows anything about this problem, I would really appreciate your help. I tried messaging Oculus Support and they told me they don't offer support when using extension cables.

Thank you!

Comments

• F_BenjiF_Benji Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Roborecall has stopped working for me as well.  It was after I update my graphics card. Gigabyte 1070
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Same shit just started occurring with my Robo Recall.

Robo Recall update w/ new 360 teleport 4/4/17
    Nvidia GPU recent software update 4/4 or 4/5

Robot Recall has NOT loaded at all since.  All other applications function without any issue.
  • 1point21jiggawattz1point21jiggawattz Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    Did you try the extension cables they mentioned in their blog post? https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-roomscale-extra-equipment/
    Hey, I have a signature. 
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    @iJudgement
    Nope, its not a cable or hardware issue due to I have a visual on all applications except Robo Recall
  • 1point21jiggawattz1point21jiggawattz Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    @samsungtx
    The comment was mainly directed at OP, as he was mentioning extension cables, and not having them supported. 
    Hey, I have a signature. 
  • Atticus_MaytrapAtticus_Maytrap Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    been having the exact same problem with RR and Marvel PU. The screen will flicker black for a second, game will keep on playing fine, and then eventually it will just cut to black. Sound still coming through the headphones perfectly, but no visual at all. Disconnect and reconnect, everthing boots up fine, do not have this problem with any other game (yet). The only thing that links these 2 games for me is that i launch them both from the Oculus Home, everything else i launch from Steam VR.
    Also using quite a long HDMI extension cable (6.5m) with a signal repeater