cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR trailers for the Oculus Store ?

HiThere_
Superstar
When viewing the Oculus Store with a VR headset you can only access a handful of 2D pictures of a title.

But wouldn't it be a whole lot better, if the Oculus Store featured some first person 3D videos of someone using the title ?

In fact if motion sickness, interface integration or whatever else was an issue preventing this, I'd be fine with a separate Oculus Store application that would allow me to browse through first person 3D videos of the Oculus Store titles.
5 REPLIES 5

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup I'd like a little 3D preview of a game.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

AQfumes
Adventurer
Yes. I remember when Arizona Sunshine offered a downloadable 3D trailer for the game before it was released. I already had the interest to purchase the game but the 3D trailer really sealed the deal and got me even more excited. 

Though the trailer was something like a 3gb download. Streaming a file that size smoothly would require a healthy internet speed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
The option is there for developers to have 3D pictures via cube maps but none have taken advantage of that yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
3d Video Trailers would certainly be awesome, and maybe even sell more games. Those images in VR just not look all that great... hard to judge the quality of the graphics of the game.

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Oculus is welcome to use any of my videos. I voted for the 3D Videos!  😉
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060