New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall "Not Responding"

KTocherKTocher Posts: 3
NerveGear
Ever since the update on Robo Recall, the game has never been able to work. When I put my headset on to play Robo Recall I get presented with a message stating that something is wrong and if Robo Recall doesn't load soon please go to your computer. Once I go to the computer I see that Robo Recall is not responding. Now before the big update, I used to always get that message saying that Robo Recall is not responding but about 10 seconds later the game would start and it work brilliantly. Now however, that is not the case for me anymore. Its defiantly not my hardware on my computer as my PC is VR ready and like I say it used to work just fine before the update. I have reinstalled Robo Recall many times and even deleted Oculus home and reinstalled that, but still nothing changes. Please let me know if you can think of any suggestions on fixing this problem. Thank you! 

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Try to delete OdinSettings.sav inside of C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\RoboRecall
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KTocherKTocher Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Unfortunately I cannot find OdinSettings.sav. This is where my Robo Recall is stored:
    E:\Oculus\Software\epic-games-odin\RoboRecall\Binaries\Win64 

From there I cannot see anything under the name OdinSettings.sav. The closest to that file name is RoboRecall-Odin-Win64-Shipping.dll

You have to look in the folder I mentioned. Or you can try searching in Windows.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KTocherKTocher Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    Hi, I want to apologies for me being an idiot! I have found the file and deleted it and the game now works brilliantly once again. The reason why I couldn't see the file before was because I did not have the box "Show hidden items" ticked. Again sorry for me being a tube and thanks for the help. I am just going to blame my stupidity on me being very tired. Thanks again! :) 
    No problem.
  • MicnardMicnard Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same problem since yesterday. everything was working good and fast. now I am not able to play any more. I reinstalled the game, Oculus app, uninstall everything, deleted the odinsettings.sav, and even deleted all folder RoboRecall under the AppData/Local/.

I don't know what else I can do.

I will appreciate your help. Thank you
  • JackromBXLJackromBXL Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem for me. No more Robo Recall. Take time to load, t hen have to take my HMD off and kill app Robo Recall not responding. Deleting OdinSettings.sav not working for me! Any help?
  • IntheDarkIntheDark Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Same problem for me. No more Robo Recall. Take time to load, t hen have to take my HMD off and kill app Robo Recall not responding. Deleting OdinSettings.sav not working for me! Any help?
    Same here.
    I tried to delete the complete RoboRecall folder (including the saves and configs). Also deleted the Unreal folder from AppData... but nothing.
    The game starts and freezes when loading the first mission (with the old saves can't even load the game at all).

My PC meet the requeriments and my W10 is brand new (just installed in my new SSD).

Help!!! xD
  • benphuabenphua Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Similarly to the chap here, I have my Robo Recall data stored on a different harddrive and was looking for the save file there.

One should note that regardless of where the core files are installed, the save files are always in the C drive as above, just get your hidden files ticked open and you will find the file you need to delete.
  • BiteyThingBiteyThing Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    I have never successfully launched Robo Recall. Just kicks me back home from the white progress screen before even launching :/ I guess that's why I do not have the "OdinSettings.sav" file to delete.

Brand new machine and Oculus, as of two days ago. i7-7700k - GTX 1080 - 16gb memory - Running from ssd C drive... DandB, Medium, and a few others have launched successfully. I do get a message saying something to the affect of them "taking longer than usual" to launch than usual.

Thanks for any help!  :) 
  • IntheDarkIntheDark Posts: 24
    Brain Burst

Finally found the solution.

It was the paging file of Windows 10, which appeared to have been configured by the stock install as insufficient. To solve this, was enough to select the option "System managed size" in the Advanced tab of the Performance Options.

Now, everything work as expected.