cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Facebook Spaces

cybereality
Grand Champion

Today, we’re introducing Facebook Spaces (https://www.facebook.com/spaces)—a new VR app where you hang out with friends in a fun, interactive virtual environment, as if you were in the same room. Facebook Spaces launches in beta for Oculus Rift and Touch today, and you can download it now from the Oculus Store (https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1036793313023466/).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
84 REPLIES 84

Dark3stWhite
Protege
Looks awesome!! Too bad its not loading for me 😞 It works until I sign into my Facebook account and then just hangs at a black screen :(.  But as to be expected in Beta!

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's odd. Can you make sure you're on the latest Oculus app version (1.13)?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Minitu
Expert Protege
Being able to call from inside VR to meatspace will have a massive effect on VR awareness. Even I'm considering creating a Facebook account... Damn smart people, sinergies, etc.
Soon upgrading to Ryzen

Do we need a Facebook account for this or is it for Oculus friends?

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you'll need a Facebook account (and friends).

Yes, you'll need a Facebook account (and friends).

I wish i could say 1 outta 2 aint bad...   :s

Hang on, will there be a time when we need a Facebook account to use the Rift?

Just wondering...

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I have a feeling that I'll eventually have to bite the bullet and get onboard with Facebook. It may not ever be strictly necessary, but already, they use Facebook to release videos for Medium, and that doesn't work really well without having an account (giant "Sign Up or Sign In" banner covers half the screen). Also some Oculus contests, give-aways, and stuff have required a FB sign-in.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66 said:

I have a feeling that I'll eventually have to bite the bullet and get onboard with Facebook. It may not ever be strictly necessary, but already, they use Facebook to release videos for Medium, and that doesn't work really well without having an account (giant "Sign Up or Sign In" banner covers half the screen). Also some Oculus contests, give-aways, and stuff have required a FB sign-in.

lol noticed that when i go to Facebook sometimes - very annoying.

As for the accounts question - i expect to use my Oculus account for my Oculus Rift and a Facebook account for if i go to Facebook.

This is slightly annoying.  I honestly think they'd have been better keeping it Oculus and if they want it to go through the Facebook servers, do it silently without anybody knowing.  If you've got a Rift, you've got an Oculus account - making people log in to Facebook isn't going to get thousands more on-board.