New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift Cv1 Can Hear Games But Not Play

AgraFxAgraFx Posts: 11
NerveGear
i recently bought a oculus rift cv1 with touch controllers  from eBay. And i can play some games but when i try to play others i can hear them but the screen is black. All my specs meet recommendations besides my cpu, Also it asked me to use usb 2.0 for the sensors and my touch controllers say developer sample. So i think its my cpu or the vr i just need some advice if i need to upgrade or get a new rift.

Comments

• AgraFxAgraFx Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    And i almost forgot but here is my logs 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,736 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2017
    What's your specs mate? Plus the controllers must be free ones given to devs???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    What's your specs mate? Plus the controllers must be free ones given to devs???

rx 480 8gb
    amd fx-8340
    8gb ddr4 ram

YUP I'd say you cpu is too weak for most applications mate :(
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    YUP I'd say you cpu is too weak for most applications mate :(

ok  :'( but i can still run some games from oculus like bullet train and farlands
    Depends on the requirements for a particular game I suppose ? Some are not as resource hungry as others.