cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many sensors do you get in total with the new Rift+Touch package for £598?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hi there, I'm still yet to buy a Rift, when you buy the new package which is advertised as Rift+Touch how many sensors do you get in total?

I believe the original Rift came with 1 but because you get touch now, does that mean you get 2? and does it all come in one box or two boxes?

And lastly would you still recommend buying a 3rd sensor straight away for room scale for an extra £59?

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
8 REPLIES 8

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You get one with the rift and one with touch definitely mate. Don't use 3 but might be a good investment if you have a big space 🙂 and it should come in a lovely box for the rift and a seperate lovely box for touch.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
2 - Rift in a box with sensor etc and a box with touch and a sensor. As to the 3rd sensor its a good price and poss worth it if your play space is big enough.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Ok thats great, thanks for your replies. 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're going to get a third sensor it will probably be a better idea to spend an extra 40 quid and just get another set of Touch controllers. This is what I'm doing next month. You won't get the USB 2.0 extension that you get when you buy that third sensor separately but you'll get a spare set of Touch controllers to use just in case anything happens to your Touch controllers you get with the bundle.

Makes more sense to me personally :smiley:

These sensors are overpriced imo. They're just glorified web cams tbh and should be half the current price to buy.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Yeah true, sounds like a good idea and makes sense. I agree with you, but I think it should be all cheaper. I'm still hoping they will bring the whole bundle down in price again in the 2nd half of 2017 for Christmas! 🙂

I would like to see them add a 3rd sensor and make the whole bundle £499 for Christmas! 🙂

Yeah true, sounds like a good idea and makes sense. I agree with you, but I think it should be all cheaper. I'm still hoping they will bring the whole bundle down in price again in the 2nd half of 2017 for Christmas! 🙂

I would like to see them add a 3rd sensor and make the whole bundle £499 for Christmas! 🙂

Well yes maybe they will and maybe it will be cheaper next year...

Trust me, you're missing out.  Life is for living.  In VR.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Robo82
Honored Guest
Well I just picked up a new oculus with touch controls and 3rd sensor for £399

Dan1018
Adventurer
If you can tell me where to buy a third sensor for sale in EU or preowned please send me a pm! 🙂