New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Jitter in Oculus and Tilted view

dbc94dbc94 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I've been noticing some jitter in the Oculus Rift, and the view shifts around a bit in all screens, This happens primarily when I move my head, but sometimes it occurs even when I keep it perfectly still. I'm currently using 1 sensor around 1m in front of me. Is there any way to minimize this?

I've also noticed that the horizon is slightly tilted to the right by a few degrees in the application I'm developing in Unity. I'm trying to create a virtual table which is at the exact location and size of the real world table in front of the person (this is for a scientific research experiment). However, because of the tilted view, I've not been able to get the calibration between the real and virtual environments right. The issue persists even on resetting sensor tracking. I think the issue exists for anything displayed by the Oculus, but it is much more apparent when trying to recreate something like a table accurately in front of me. Are there any ways to further calibrate the sensors in the Oculus Rift?
Tagged:

Comments

• sdplayersdplayer Posts: 128
    Art3mis
    edited April 2017
    Tilted to the 'right'!

Have Oculus switched political allegiance? I've not browsed these forums for a while but I always thought the Rift leaned to the left (;
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I'm not sure about the jitter but, in terms of the tilt, it can be resolved in some cases. Reach out to us at the link below and we can help you recalibrate the device to see if this will help. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • dbc94dbc94 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm not sure about the jitter but, in terms of the tilt, it can be resolved in some cases. Reach out to us at the link below and we can help you recalibrate the device to see if this will help. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com
    I don't see a way to contact Oculus support through this website. Could you guide me through how I can do this?
  • GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 439
    Trinity
    In that link, click "Contact Us," then "Click Here" to submit a support ticket.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup