Guardian walls suddenly completly off — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Guardian walls suddenly completly off

mch_zhmch_zh Posts: 1
NerveGear
Everything works fine with my 3 sensor setup. Sometimes, all of a sudden, my guardian walls are offset by 8-10meters. I am seeing the walls from outside, although I am standing in the center. Tracking still works, but I cannot properly play the game anymore, as some parts in the game require to be in the play area.
Centering view does not help. If I quit the game and rerun sensor setup it works fine again, but takes 5 minutes.
In RoboRecall it happens every 20min, ArizoneSunshine every 40min, TheClimb never, Dead&Burried never.

Anybody experiencing the same issue? solution in game? re-initiate guardian?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    As a temporarily solution, you can go into Oculus Settings -> Devices -> Configure Rift -> Sensor Setup and that should reset things. However, I would highly recommend you submit a support ticket so we can investigate further. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,275
    3Jane
    edited April 2017
    It did happen to me once for the first time ever a bunch of days ago (many days before the 1.14 update), but I didn't bother reconfiguring it back yet so I don't know if the problem comes back when I do.

Because I only use two sensors in 360° mode, so it's not like I even need the guardian wall anymore : I manage to stay in the middle of my VR space by myself, which I mostly achieve by not walking around :)

Update : Also I just banged my Touch controller into a wall, just 5 minutes after writing that initial answer and unlocking the hectic extra stage in "Valkyrie Blade", so I just set my guardian wall back up again, don't go out (in VR) without one :)