New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Black and White PC game for VR?

Comments

• FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 211 Oculus Start Member
    Ha! Brilliant. I used to play Black & White a lot. Would make sense in VR too, with the hands and all. Probably have a similar mechanic to Giant Cop. 

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
    Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision
  • Deh_Deh_ Posts: 15
    Brain Burst
    Some people say that Tethered is the closest game to Black & White in VR.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431120/
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 335
    Trinity
    ^^^ Yes, similar scene and setting but without direct opponents and without creature. So the main part that made B&W great is missing. 
    Still a nice little game but very limited in comparison. 

• metallitronmetallitron Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    I'm going to look into how I can start to Mod the older game into a VR experience. I have absolutely no gaming development experience and very little coding knowledge. But I still believe this would be wonderful to have for VR. So the motivation is there.

I'm also unsure of the copyright laws and how that would work for Mods so I'll check in with AE to make sure this undertaking won't get me sued lol. Wish me luck and thanks for the support! 
    That's what I like to hear! Good luck @metallitron !

• LordQuakeLordQuake Posts: 184
    Art3mis
    edited May 2017
    @metallitron - the colour of you PC should not affect the games you can play on it. This is very much like the myth a red car is faster. A black and white PC should be just as capable of playing VR games as any other. It's the speed of the fans that will be the determining factor, you want one where the fans spin really fast, this should give you the 90 fps you need for smooth VR. The PC world techs do really know everything, great advice they gave me and my Oculus PC works great, its not black and white though.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    @LordQuake you clearly know nothing.
    Red cars DO go faster.
    Cars with spoilers and or stripes go faster also.

As for the OP.
    With the best will in the world, unless you have the source code its almost impossible to properly convert a game to VR.

Even with the source code, its still no simple task.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
    Art3mis
    @elboffor - but for PC's it the fans right? Fan speed is everything.
    Dont be silly, its all about LED's.
    The more LED's you have, the better your gigabytes perform.
    Art3mis
    @elboffor - Thanks for the advice, I have just been out and bought 500 Christmas tree "LED" lights. I plan to cram them into my case, will probably get in the way of all my fans and stop them, but as you say I don't need them for speed anyway. My PC is going to be so sweet. Will I be able to run everything at the highest settings and maybe oversample rate of 2.5 once I get all these LED's in there? 
    Deffo
    Guys guys guys, seriously it's all about the RAM. Just download some more RAM from here and you'll be fine.
    http://downloadmoreram.com/

Art3mis
    @FieldOfVision @elboffor - who knew, I've been paying for RAM all these years and you can just download it, how much do you think I should get? I have 32Gigs now, should I go for another 32Gigs. Someone once told me that too much RAM can slow your games down. Also will the downloaded RAM take up much space as right now my case is full of Christmas tree lights. And what can I do about the little message that keeps popping up saying "thermal limit reached, throttling CPU cycles"?
    It uses cloud ram version 2 so you should be good to go. It helps with multitasking but its still all about the LED count. RGB LEDs are the best apparently.
    While we are sharing web sites, have you got your free oculus pen yet? I believe its 'pen island .com' to claim it. I know zenbane registered there a while ago ;)
    Art3mis
    @elboffor - Great I'll see if I can find some RGB LED's as all 500 in my case are white. That's probably why I didn't notice much improvement in performance. Don't get me wrong, it was there, just not as much as I'd hoped for. I'll talk to the PC World techs about it tomorrow, although they weren't much use when I asked if I needed a better power supply for my 500 Christmas tree lights. Also, I don't need a pen right now, so I'll skip the offer thanks.
    @LordQuake It's okay, the downloaded RAM will automatically be stored in your CPU. And the new RAM will be allocated right away to sustaining the quality of the rich leather than binds together the mother board and your hard drive. As we all know, the data transfers speeds are much lower when using poor quality leather. Saying that, I might be upgrading to a sharper transfusion node in my lab rat silo that powers the entire system. I'll see how that works out. 

• Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    there is a game in development called The Universim.  I have the alpha and its gonna be an amazing god game.  Every now and then i remind them to think about VR support
  • KusarScoutKusarScout Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    There is a team trying to raise funds to make Black & White 3 for PC and VR. Look up Black & White 3 for more info.