cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about gear requirements

mattig89ch
Honored Guest
Hidy ho all,

I haven't picked up a Rift yet, because I've been both waiting for the price to drop, and for a few awesome games to come out.  There are enough games out, that I think I can start seriously looking at purchasing a headset.  And I wanted to ask a few questions about the Rift Headset.

First and foremost, do you still need to login to your facebook account to use the gear?  I ask because I'm locked out of my facebook account, and have been for a few years now.  Its not taking my secret question answers.  I'm sure its just a typo, but I can't figure out where I made the typo to correct it.  So, if the Rift still required this, it mandates that I invest in another headset instead.

Second, Most graphics cards are listed as "VR Ready".  Is this all that you really need to run a gear headset?  Or do you have to meet some other basic requirements as well?

Thanks for the help all!
1 REPLY 1

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Gear VR is separate from the Rift--that's the one that you put a Samsung mobile phone into.

The Rift doesn't need a Facebook account (it never has needed one--I've been using it since the DK2 and I've never had a FB account). The store and your apps are linked to your Oculus account (the same account that you use here on the forum).

There's a system compatibility tool that you can download and run to check whether your PC meets minimum specs. It's located near the bottom of this page where it says "Make sure your Windows PC is Rift ready."

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo