Please, please, make the extra sensor available on Amazon! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Please, please, make the extra sensor available on Amazon!

ZequezZequez Posts: 4
NerveGear
I can't buy stuff directly from you because I don't live in one of the lucky shipping countries, so you guys won't even accept my credit card to ship it to a forwarder, or just a friend that happens to be traveling to one of the selected countries. I bought my Rift on Amazon and Touch on Best Buy during a personal trip to the US last year.

My only alternative to getting the extra sensor is for you guys to have it available on Amazon so I can send it to a friend, a forwarder, or by using Grabr. Even if I traveled to the US myself I couldn't get it just because my billing address country wouldn't match with the shipping address!

Comments

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,787 Valuable Player
    I know this isn't really an answer for you, but I was considering getting a 3rd sensor when the price drops happened.  Since the sensor is only $60 now and touch is $100, I think I'm going to order another set of touch controllers since that would actually put them in the range of a wireless xbox 360 controller.  ($40 for the touch, $60 for the sensor that comes in the set)  That way, I have an inexpensive spare set of touch controllers that I would just use the sensor from and I'd buy a usb 2.0 extension wire elsewhere.  As long as Amazon or Best Buy sends to you, at least that's one way you could get access to a sensor.
  • KenSniperKenSniper Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    haha wow @Zequez, you're like literally me, i bought my rift at bestbuy when in the states for holiday as well since my country lost the lottery game to be in the list as well, but i had to buy the touch through amazon via a third party proxy address though. I too am waiting for them to put it on amazon
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,732 Valuable Player
    falken76 said:
    I know this isn't really an answer for you, but I was considering getting a 3rd sensor when the price drops happened.  Since the sensor is only $60 now and touch is $100, I think I'm going to order another set of touch controllers since that would actually put them in the range of a wireless xbox 360 controller.  ($40 for the touch, $60 for the sensor that comes in the set)  That way, I have an inexpensive spare set of touch controllers that I would just use the sensor from and I'd buy a usb 2.0 extension wire elsewhere.  As long as Amazon or Best Buy sends to you, at least that's one way you could get access to a sensor.
    This ^^^

That's what I'm going to be doing during the next few weeks. Then you'll have a spare couple of Touch controllers just in case something happens to your current ones. The third sensor is overpriced imo, they're just glorified web cams and a USB 2.0 extension cable...for $59/£59.  :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever