Difficult to get an overview on video files in Oculus Video — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Difficult to get an overview on video files in Oculus Video

jodo2017jodo2017 Posts: 2
NerveGear

I downloaded Oculus Video to galaxy S8 and use it together with my gear vr (2017).

It works fine BUT I really have issues with the way it displays the list of video files on my phone. When I select “My videos” it shows all recordings from my camera folder and also all other movies I have on the phone. But it only shows 6 videos at a time which means that I have 242 pages to browse through. I have all my old recordings on the phone because I like to look at them once in a while, but it makes it really hard to find my movie files that are stored in other folders on the phone.  Is there any smarter way to select a video file (or get an overview of the available ones). Like viewing per folder? Browse like in a file explorer? Or maybe use another app that has the ability to show available videos in an file explorer view?

Thanks!

Answers

• FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 201 Oculus Start Member
    Yes you can browse your phone folders with the My Files app, it's pre-installed on the device. In there you can navigate to the folder that has the videos you are looking for.

Check out our latest VR exclusive games from www.FieldOf.Vision
  • enkayzenkayz Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    The Samsung VR app / MilkVR has a decent browsing interface for lots of videos. It shows a heap of videos that can be scrolled through. can tap on the video counter at the bottom to scroll anywhere in the list too.
  • jodo2017jodo2017 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yes you can browse your phone folders with the My Files app, it's pre-installed on the device. In there you can navigate to the folder that has the videos you are looking for.
    But can I use the My Files app while I'm using the gear VR?
  • enkayzenkayz Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    You can't use the app while using Gear VR, but you can use the app to start the video in the regular video player, and then press 'View in Gear VR' to boot it up in the VR player app.
  • mikeledisagittermikeledisagitter Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'd like to revive the post. I always found this annoyng.

I orderer my photos/videos in folders through the Gallery app: 9gag gif, whatsapp videos, camera videos and in "My files" movies/oculus (I don't remember the right path) 

But When I go in the Oculus menu and select "My Videos" it bring me all gifs/videos toghether as if they where in the same folder.
    Is there a way to say to oculus app only to read movies/oculus?