Lower back hurts alot when playing standing/dancing games, how can i Fix this? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lower back hurts alot when playing standing/dancing games, how can i Fix this?

nerdVRBuddynerdVRBuddy Posts: 77
Hiro Protagonist
I know it has nothing to do with the games . Just generally when i stand or walk my lower back hurts. I don't know why. Only thing is I have misaligned spine that may probably be the cause.  So the games i like and got for RIft like Beats Fever VR....make my back really really feel like it's gonna break.

What can i do about it?  And ps dancing and exercising in general also does it.

Best Answers

Answers

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,681 Valuable Player
    Keep doing it, exercise more.

Codeine Phosphate and Paracetamol 30mg/500mg.

I'm not a doctor.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,686 Valuable Player
    Man I feel ya, OP.   I don't think my back (and knee) issues are medical, but 10+ years in standing-all-day occupations has done me almost as bad.

My recommendation is to invest in a back-support brace. Both for standing VR and just for life in general. You can get them at any drug-store or grocery that has a pharmacy department, for like... $30 or so? Gonna be honest, they're basically just girdles. But they do help keep your back straight and provide extra support when you're already feeling strain in that area.
    Merry Riftmas, everybody!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,835 Valuable Player
    Back braces are good for some but not others. If it's a trapped nerve then a back brace would make it more painful by pressing on nerve even more. He really needs to go to his GP.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,681 Valuable Player
    edited May 2017
    CrashFu said:
    Man I feel ya, OP.   I don't think my back (and knee) issues are medical, but 10+ years in standing-all-day occupations has done me almost as bad.

My recommendation is to invest in a back-support brace. Both for standing VR and just for life in general. You can get them at any drug-store or grocery that has a pharmacy department, for like... $30 or so? Gonna be honest, they're basically just girdles. But they do help keep your back straight and provide extra support when you're already feeling strain in that area.
    Totally agree and they're very manly these days.

Just look at this guy:

A proper bloke!
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 755
    3Jane
    edited May 5
    I know it has nothing to do with the games . Just generally when i stand or walk my lower back hurts. I don't know why. Only thing is I have misaligned spine that may probably be the cause.  So the games i like and got for RIft like Beats Fever VR....make my back really really feel like it's gonna break.

What can i do about it?  And ps dancing and exercising in general also does it.
    Sometimes a lift (under one foot) can correct some low back misalignment, which is essentially what it's doing for me, otherwise I'd have all kinda of lower back issues, like barely able to walk around kind. Maybe talk to a chiropractor.