New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Great noise cancelling headphones for immersive VR experience, under £100?

CostaP1CostaP1 Posts: 11
NerveGear
I have an end of year Unviersity show and our class each have their own stand. My project is a relaxing VR environment using the Samsung Gear VR.

As there will (hopefully) be lots of people there, many walking up and down to check out the work, it will be quite noise so my current headphones wont do (sennheiser momentum 1.0 over ear). I would like a pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones, but wired. Reason is, as its over a number of days I wont have to worry about battery life, and also the worry of the headphones losing connectivity.

Although why would I go wireless over wired? 

Anything under £100 will be great.

Thank you

Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    There are tons of options on Amazon. Bluetooth headsets seem to be popular these days, but many of the wireless ones can be used wired if you plug them in. What is the problem with the headphones you have? I can try to recommend something.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • CostaP1CostaP1 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    There are tons of options on Amazon. Bluetooth headsets seem to be popular these days, but many of the wireless ones can be used wired if you plug them in. What is the problem with the headphones you have? I can try to recommend something.
    So with the wireless ones that can be plugged into the phone, does this mean that it wont run out of battery? 

The ones I have are good but I dont think they cancel out exterior noise. I mean, my teachers advised that I buy a pair of NCH for the end of year show. Lots of people will be walking up and down and I dont want them to be heard. TBH mot sure if I actually do need a new pair of NCH or..?

But recommendations would still be great