cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get in the ring!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I hereby challenge the Medium community to a fight, no holds barred, to the death! Think of it as a sequel to the relay sculpt only this time we aren't collaborating, we're going toe to toe in what will hopefully escalate into the bloodiest battle the metaverse has ever seen.

So here's my champion. Your challenge (should you choose to accept it) is to sculpt someone or something that can kick his ass. Next player comes along and deletes my sculpt and then creates a champion to beat player 1 and so on... So every new player replaces the older of the two sculpts with his own warrior.

Anyone wanna play?

Do you have the nerve to step in the ring with Frankie the Blade?
61cr4pd5eo7j.jpg
Grab the sculpt here and sound off in this thread to get a place on the roster.
https://www.oculus.com/medium/sculpts/1187573844701797/
58 REPLIES 58

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Sure, I'll take on Frankie. He's kind of like a mouse. This looks like a job for a cat. :smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm game! I've been working on a sculpt for over a week now so once I've finished that one I'll join in 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Yeehaw! I'm off to the wilderness for the weekend so you guys will have to referee this barney between yourselves til I get back. Let's keep things nice and dirty, no punches above the belt, bonus points for biting and eye gouging  >:)

Oh and, meant to say in the OP: Feel free to embellish or totally replace the boxing ring background layer as you see fit. If I'm not happy we'll just have to fight over it.

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Frankie the Blade put up one hell of a fight in the Fencing championship , but unfortunately he forgot to feed the cat. A fatal mistake.

@FrozenPea Spot has been fed. He should be a bit more tame now. See if you can get him back in his cage.

https://www.oculus.com/medium/sculpts/1766443726705113/

3n04r9i85n6f.png8cvrtaeaz4l8.png
apnbx30mfpmg.png

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Here is the making of Spot sped up 16x. This project took about 4.5 hours with a couple of do-overs at the beginning. The video shows the third and final revision which took about 3.5 hours. It also shows how I cut up and reposition the character to create a dramatic pose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DevHbSgRl50&feature=youtu.be

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Dude! Watched your vid back at 1/4 speed on YT with the trainspotting soundtrack on in the background, killing it! I learn so much watching other people on timelapse. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous
Not applicable
amazing sculpt man! i'll try and get one finished this week, need to try think of a good one  😛

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Thanks much! I'm still in the "making stuff up as I go along" stage, but I've been thinking about putting together some proper short tutorials, maybe 10 to 20 minutes long, just to go over some basic techniques that I've been getting better at recently such as the character posing. Would you guys find that useful?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
TBH, mate, most of the technical side I have down, it's the art part I'm needing help with and I get as much watching speedsculpts but that's just me, I'm sure there's a bunch of people would benefit. Was considering doing a couple myself but then I remembered I have an incomprehensible scottish accent  😄