cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Guardian - Poll. Should you be able to set up guardian in the CV1 headset?

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Yep, not quite a useless poll. But I would like to carry my pc outside so I can set it up there or to a friends place without having to take the television with me - to see what I am doing within the Guardian Set Up. I am thinking of the auto load system where you put your headset on and you dont really need the monitor/tv - Mind you I have 4K tv.. so yeh...I think you could set more accurate boundaries as well.. I constantly have to look at the sensors and then put my headset back on... repeat repeat to get a good edging. 
8 REPLIES 8

DarkTenka
Trustee
Didn't anyone tell you, you would go blind!!!

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

KillCard said:

Didn't anyone tell you, you would go blind!!!

'Frogs will be Frogs', she said
=D

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
what someone said NO, what is wrong with these people

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sigh.........hibernation period is over 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
In all honesty i find the guardain thing a flippin pain ..set boundaries and i see the grid in game whichs break the immersion but it is better than being immersed and walking through a window..lol

DarkTenka
Trustee

nAV2016 said:

In all honesty i find the guardain thing a flippin pain ..set boundaries and i see the grid in game whichs break the immersion but it is better than being immersed and walking through a window..lol

I set mine to line only (no walls). Only breaks immersion if I look down .. better than with walls especially if you have small play area.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
That small health and safety warning book had a purpose, I knew it.
Somewhere in the fine print it said you will 'punch a security screen' - we accept no liability

Chazmeister
Rising Star
I can't see the screen when I set mine up as it's in a different area of my living room space. The haptic feedback lets you know if you're tracing out a good line, as in it will stop if there's any occlusion or you go out of range. Then when I've made a complete circuit of my play space I go up and have a look at my screen to check the results. I've not needed to be able to see what I was doing as I was doing it when drawing out the Guardian boundaries. As long as you join the ends up, that's pretty much all that matters.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about having to put the headset back on to get good edging, as you don't wear it until after you have completed marking out a boundary. Just walk around drawing a rough circuit about your area and if you get any breaks in the haptic feedback just try and redraw that bit again or shrink your area a bit. Since you will only see the boundary when you're near it, I don't quite get the need for having perfect lines and corners, unless you are particularly OCD about that sort of thing.

Marking out the boundary whilst wearing the HMD wouldn't make any sense, as you would not be able to see any obstacles like bits of furniture etc that you are trying to draw around. In fact I could imagine blundering around in the virtual dark, so to speak, whilst trying to mark out your boundaries being quite hazardous.

It gets a no from me I'm afraid. I just can't think of a situation where marking out the guardian boundary whilst wearing the HMD would be needed or even advisable.