cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Controller

dirtbikerkb
Honored Guest
The Xbox One Controller I received with my rift doesn't seem to be working already and I just used the thing for the first time... it flashes twice when I go to turn it on the turns off? who do I reach out for help since its my only controller figured they would send a decent one considering how much you drop on the rift... thanks in advance for any help!
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have you tried using the USB cable or are you using batteries ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It may be fine. Sometimes the USB dongle driver doesn't install correctly. Try looking in Device Manager to see if the wireless Xbox adapter is functioning properly. If you are on Windows 10, it could be this issue:
http://mattpilz.com/fix-for-xbox-one-wireless-adapter-not-working-in-windows-10-xbox-acc-driver/
Also, make sure the controller has fresh batteries. You can also attach the USB cable and check the gamepad works wired, so you will know the controller works and it's either the adapter or a driver issue. Hope that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

psirusa
Explorer
I'm going around and helping out on this issue...  restart your Oculus client.  There's a bug in the code where after sleeping the controller, windows will fail to enumerate a controller with the same wireless address.  I solve this by rebooting the oculus software, and/or booting the controller while the Oculus app is shut down.

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
I also see this every time (wireless xbox controller)... for example turn on xbox controller, playing with touch controllers a while until xbox controller turns off, then it can't reconnect. It also happens without putting on the headset to play:

(oculus home running)
1. Turn on controller
2. Turn off controller (holding the button a long time)
3. Turn on controller, now it blinks a few times, and the device does not show up in device manager, and remains off in oculus home-devices.
4. To fix it you need to close and reopen oculus home manually.

I did these steps a couple of rounds, 1 to 4, step 3 many times, just before creating the log with LogGatherer.
Hope the attachment can help fix the bug.

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer

It may be fine. Sometimes the USB dongle driver doesn't install correctly. Try looking in Device Manager to see if the wireless Xbox adapter is functioning properly. If you are on Windows 10, it could be this issue:
http://mattpilz.com/fix-for-xbox-one-wireless-adapter-not-working-in-windows-10-xbox-acc-driver/
Also, make sure the controller has fresh batteries. You can also attach the USB cable and check the gamepad works wired, so you will know the controller works and it's either the adapter or a driver issue. Hope that helps.

I don't know if there are multiple issues here, but I have had this for a year now, the whole time I have owned a rift, and the xbox one controller came with it... you must be able to reproduce the bug, or read the logs I provided to fix this issue, we are many that are waiting. Perhaps everyone with xbox one controller... If the problem was with touch devices it would be fixed within a week, why no priority on this bug?

Update: Ok, now it seems to be working if you have the headset on your head, and perform steps 1-3 above.
Running OH 1.24 no beta. Is there something that has been done to fix it? Release notes are very sparse.
Anyone else with the problem that can confirm that it works?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hi. I don't think this is happening for everyone, or we'd likely see many more reports. In any case, you should submit a bug report. You can do this in the Oculus app Help Center (lower left corner) by clicking Provide Feedback. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
For me there is no bug anymore, I'm very happy. As long as I keep the headset on the head I can turn the controller on and off many times, and also turn it on once it has timed out and turned off by itself... with the headset not on the head it is the same though, but that's no showstopper...

Either something was fixed in OH, or something with Steam... or Windows even... not easy to know. Like to hear if it works for others with the problem as well...