New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Thank you Oculus support

Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
Nexus 6
edited May 2017 in General
I have had my Rift since June of last year and late last week the right headphone began cutting in and out depending on the position the headstrap was in. After contacting Oculus support, they had me make a short video of the issue and ultimately decided it needed to be replaced. I was sent a UPS label to print off and boxed it up for shipping. I dropped it off last Saturday and UPS delivered it to Oculus Wednesday of this week. Oculus sent out a new one immediately and had it to my front door today at noon (Saturday). Amazing turnaround and service and I just wanted to say thanks to the Oculus team for taking care of me. I forgot how nice a brand new Rift smells lol.

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,875 Valuable Player
    I've had to contact Oculus Support 3 times - they've always been very fast with responding, polite and helpful.  I think they do a great job - remote support isn't an easy thing to provide.
  • tmxmratmxmra Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    I had exactly the same problem with the sound cutting out depending on the strap position. Oculus Support asked for video showing what happens, which I provided, and they decided the rift should be replaced.

My new rift is a slightly upgraded model from my original, which was a pre-order. The new one has an extra hoop around the top left side of the headset to help keep the USB/HDMI cable in place and protect that connection. 

I notice no other difference, but maybe they made some small design evolutions to help prevent common faults. In any case I'm trying not to adjust the straps every time I used the rift as the only thing I can imagine went wrong was some kind of micro-break in the connection due to regular adjusting of the strap and eventually it developed the fault.

Anyway, I also just wanted to say thanks to the Oculus team for taking care of me. B)

• DieslowDieslow Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Well that is nice to read people giving good comments on customer service ! Kudos to you guys who are sharing your good experiences