cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Re-center view from the desktop app

maxpare79
Trustee
Ok, just a small request, please add a re-center view button in the desktop app of Oculus Home.

When new people come over to try VR and they have to re-center the view, it's always a pain to do/explain. I would love to be able to sit at my desk while people are trying the Rift, and just click "re-center" for them, and voila! Would make things a lot easier.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
3 REPLIES 3

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I second this request.  My tracking camera gets moved around quite a bit so it is always a little off when starting Oculus Home.  It would be nice to just tap a button on the keyboard or even some sort of combination on the remote.  A lot of games/experiences seem to recenter on start so that has made this issue not as bad.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

maxpare79
Trustee
Me it's mainly because I have a simulator, I usually sit down, start the game for people then give them the HMD and they always need to recenter because of the height/stance difference...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
There was an app that made tapping the HMD trigger the recenter.  If that's put into Oculus Home that means you could recenter the view for your guests with a slap to the back of the head.