Windows 10 Creators Update causing "Can't reach ORS" ! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Windows 10 Creators Update causing "Can't reach ORS" !

EisernSchildEisernSchild Posts: 198
Art3mis
edited May 2017 in Support
Hi !

Yesterday i did update Windows 10, this was the so called "Creators Update". Now i get "Can't reach Oculus Runtime Service ... Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support." whenever i try to open Oculus Home.

Is this a known issue ? Should i just de- and reinstall the Oculus Runtime ?
Tagged:

Comments

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    edited May 2017
    Had this all last night

Check the service runtime is on and set to auto in services i am on the phone but i properly credit the post that helped me

It was this though for fix

Edit

this post

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50188/cant-reach-oculus-runtime-service-error

@flexy123

ty this fixed my issues last night

@cybereality

this fix, maybe it should be included in the support help?, mine was turned off by a maintenance program shutting down startup items, without this info i would of been fully reinstalling(was just backing up ready before i found this)

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Thanks. I will share this information with the team. Also, if you update to Win 10 Creators Update, be sure to disable Game Mode as it conflicts with the Oculus VR applications.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • EisernSchildEisernSchild Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    Thx, guys :smile: