New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How to avoid auto launch?

kaanaslankaanaslan Posts: 99
Hiro Protagonist
Hello, I just bought Prepar3D V4 Flight simulator. When I launch it, the oculus client is also launched automatically. How can I avoid this?

Thanks.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry, the Oculus app always launches when a Rift application loads.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 496
    Trinity
    Have a look at this thread: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/53181/steamvr-games-starting-oculus-home-when-rift-and-tracking-camera-are-unplugged#latest

If you want to stop OH auto launching then you can stop the Oculus VR Runtime Service from your task manager. Just be sure to start it back up when you want to use your Rift again.

The Oculus Tray Tool lets you do that without having to go into task manager. See thread for that here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1
  • kaanaslankaanaslan Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you! 
  • kaanaslankaanaslan Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    I think the oculus app is launched automatically after I restart windows each time after the tool is installed. Is this normal? In the settings the launching option of the oculus app is not selected.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,633
    Project 2501
    kaanaslan said:
    I think the oculus app is launched automatically after I restart windows each time after the tool is installed. Is this normal? In the settings the launching option of the oculus app is not selected.

No that would not be normal unless you have it selected to launch Oculus Home at startup. I have the OTT set to run at start for my game profile settings , but Oculus Home does not launch until I put my headset on.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • ExsosusExsosus Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    See the post about creating a .bat script here:

Read the post by:
    Hadracadabra how he explains how to create a script for your desktop. Now you can just double click this bat file each time after closing your 'Oculus' app. It will not restart until you double-click the bat file again to allow the service to run. This is much easier than using Task manager and works brilliant.

• showboxoneshowboxone Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Great stuff. You can ignore it and get showbox app to stream your favorite movies and videos for free after go to site.
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 200
    Nexus 6
    edited June 21
    Awesome, can you confirm this to work with Home2? Edit: Got it wrong, carry on.
    [email protected], Rog Strix 1080 a8g in range 139MHz-1974MHz, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    And i STILL want non-mandatory Home 2.0 and/or Dash
  • iamjasonholderiamjasonholder Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    kaanaslan said:
    I have faced the same things on my device. Is normal or what?
  • iamjasonholderiamjasonholder Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    kaanaslan said:
    I have faced the same things on my device. Is normal or what?
  • joedrake6014joedrake6014 Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    Having same kind of problem, any way to get out of it or should i ignore it ?
    NerveGear
    NerveGear
  • cotomoviescotomovies Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks a lot for the awesome stuff; I would love to say that there is an app named cotomovies that can be used to watch movies and tv shows.