New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Star Trek Bridge Crew: Cross platform invites

AscendorAscendor Posts: 7
NerveGear
Hey, just wanted to let you Oculus people know that cross-platform invites don't work with ST Bridge crew: I wasn't able to invite my friend on vive, and vice-versa.
Same reports on...

This seems like a pretty bad dealbreaker to me.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Thanks for posting. I'm checking with the team to see what's going on. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LordQuakeLordQuake Posts: 184
    Art3mis
    So I just played multiplayer campaign with 4 players, 2 Rift and 2 Vive so not sure what the problem is.
  • PlayerTw0PlayerTw0 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    LordQuake said:
    So I just played multiplayer campaign with 4 players, 2 Rift and 2 Vive so not sure what the problem is.
    Did you invite each other? The issue is not about being able to play cross-platform (this works in quick match). It is about being able to invite Vive/PS4 players into your private game.
    So you can play with others on different platforms, but you can't invite your friends who are on other platforms.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    What they mean is its all based off your UBI friends list, not your vive. ps, or oculus friends list
    In which case
    add me Ubi ID is Tyrael387

• natswrightnatswright Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    The problem for some at least is that those that bought the game on the oculus store cannot invite or be invited to games. If you bough via steam, it seems to work just fine. I cannot comment on PS4 players as i dont know any with the game!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    lol, yep, thats the link to my post on the ubisoft forums! - its at the top of this thread already!
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, I see you on there, but other people may not have seen the thread yet. Thanks.
    NerveGear
    Cool, lets hope its fixed soon, its a massive bug that pretty much breaks the game. The Ubisoft Devs have responded on this thread, but its rather vague... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679067-Known-Issues-May-30th-2017  ...I also have opened a ticket with Oculus, but have not had a response yet.
  • Ernimus_PrimeErnimus_Prime Posts: 392
    Trinity
    Add me.  My ubisoft handle is erndawg 
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    Oh man.  Thats odd.  I bought it from the Ubisoft store and I got an Oculus Home key.  I didnt think that would make a difference since its launched from the same launcher
    NerveGear
    I have has a response from oculus, so far going round in circles a bit....
    NerveGear
    I have an update... I think the issue must be either server side or, has been fixed by the day one patch inadvertently. Now, if the cross play servers were overloaded, that could explain the issue of not being able to join a game. I checked this morning and in game one of my friends was listed as playing the game. They bought it on steam but have an Oculus.

Fingers crossed, but it may just be server load, brings back memory's of a certain COD launch, where the servers just broke on day one, but no one would say.

I'll do more testing with vive users later today and keep people posted! 
    NerveGear
    Seems to be working folks, please test and post back here.... check out my ubisoft thread too for an update..
  • FredLCFredLC Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Guys, lemme ask you something: Does cross play work between VR and non VR players?

I have a few friends that would have a blast playing this, but only me and another friend have VR gear (consumer version and the final development kit).

But today I saw a standard edition for sale on the UBISOFT store. If players in VR and non-VR can play together, maybe it will be enough for me to set up a game party.

BTW, I am on a PC and anopther one has a MAC, so I guess the question of different plataforms is for that as well...

Regards :).
  • FredLCFredLC Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Ooops; standard does not mean non-vr. Sorry. Forget about it.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,948 Valuable Player
    Have they added more content to this game yet or is it the same old boring missions?