Palmer will be back ! In VR. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,614 Valuable Player
    I probably would have got into World Of Warcraft if there was some kind of permadeath to it. Otherwise, where was the challenge..?
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    That sounds mental.  You die in the game therefore you have to delete, burn and shred your C:\ drive - bonkers but cool.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,937 Valuable Player
    edited June 2017
    The last time I played Diablo 2 was with my level 63 Barbarian, he died in Hardcore mode. He was a dual-wielding Frenzy Barb, specializing in Hammers for the extra damage to the undead. He died to one of those "immune to everything with a base attack that does nuclear warhead damage" bosses.

I never played the game again :|
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • CalmfixupCalmfixup Posts: 288
    Nexus 6
    Yeah no thanks - unless of course there's also some sort of tangible reward. If there was a possibility to, say, make money or lose money then it would be intriguing.

Someone showing up at my door to punch me in the throat 'cause I lost in a battleground is less exciting.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,089 Valuable Player
    edited June 2017
    The Hunger Games VR
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    So he wants a game where if you die in the game you die in real life? That's how I understood it anyway... Where do I sign up?

For Superhuman VR player like me that isn't an issue.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,614 Valuable Player
    I believe in the Simulation Theory. Just haven't had the balls to test it yet lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,275
    3Jane
    It could be simple enough to make a game where death matters :
    - With micro-transactions : Offer the game for free, but make players pay for resurrections (the more they die, the higher the next resurrection fee).
    - Without micro-transactions : Make each resurrection cost time (the more they die, the longer the next time penalty).
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    Cyril said:
    It could be simple enough to make a game where death matters :
    - With micro-transactions : Offer the game for free, but make players pay for resurrections (the more they die, the higher the next resurrection fee).
    - Without micro-transactions : Make each resurrection cost time (the more they die, the longer the next time penalty).
    If what you're saying is what i think - when you die first time you can't play for 24 hours, then 48, then 1 week etc that would be great - i can see a lot of people becoming addicted and getting the sweats over that lol

Needs a good game of course.  Or just add it to the next Call of Duty - i can just imagine a load of 15 to 20 year olds smashing up the local village while waiting to be respawned.