New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

360 Photos Bug! Where are my photos?

ragnusragnus Posts: 4
NerveGear
I just want to know when you're going to fix the 360 Photos App.
It was great, but you upgraded a total buggy version and now I can't see my own photos took with my Gear 360.
I just don't understand why take a good app and destroy it like you did.

Comments

• mishaosmishaos Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    The latest update completely ignores my own library. I downgraded to version 1.26 which shows stereoscopic and monos with same high definition but allows to organize your own images in folders. The old version doesn't support gear controller and UI is lower resolution but who cares - it seems the upgraded app offers less features then old one, what a pity. We need 3rd party viewer to stop this dependency on Oculus which doesn't care about creators.
  • delahoya30delahoya30 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here!!
  • treictreic Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    Me too.  I contacted Oculus support, and they suggested re-installing the app.  Didn't work.
  • ArchitectJayDubsArchitectJayDubs Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have different results on two different devices. I have a failure on my S7 edge but can still access my own library on an S7 device. Both seem to be set up the same, although the S7 edge is my personal device with more apps and an SD card, and the S7 edge is a work device without a card and fewer apps. I have shared all of this with support and they were very responsive and have told me they are looking researching the problem more. 

Is the issue limited to the S7 edge or should I expect to see this on the S7 also?
    Brain Burst
    Here's a message I got from Oculus Support on June 15:
    Thank you for your patience while we looked into this.
    We have looked into this further on our end, and it is an issue we aware of.
    We are currently working to fix this issue.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Brain Burst
    Also, Mishaos, how do you downgrade to an earlier version?  I'd be happy with that while we're waiting for the fix.
    Brain Burst
    This Reddit user found a temporary solution:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/6g5rok/oculus_360_photos_problem_i_cannot_see_my_own/dj5ntzi

Makes me wonder why Oculus couldn't post an earlier version of the app while they're fixing the problem.
  • relaxculusrelaxculus Posts: 102
    Hiro Protagonist
    Reddit user? It was me, who shared old apk :)
    Brain Burst
    Sorry, relaxulus!  :) And Oculus finally fixed the problem -- in a 6/21/17 update, to version 2.14.5.  It takes a long time for My Photos to load, but it works now.
    Hiro Protagonist
    You say, yesterday update solved all our problems?!
    Hiro Protagonist

folders supported again?

no distorsion/waves in a stereo picture while you slowly look around?

• ArchitectJayDubsArchitectJayDubs Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I let the app search for 10 minutes and nothing came up. Only 2 pictures in my Oculus>360Photos folder. Maybe it is now searching through all 1000+ photos on my card? 
  • mlearmonthmlearmonth Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    A few days ago my Galaxy S6 mounted in my Gear VR informed my that Oculus Video needed updating. When  I clicked on that I received the message: "Update needed. A newer version of Oculus is required to support your experience in VR. Please turn on Wifi and then reinsert your device into your headset." My Wifi was already on and was effective in accessing Samsung Internet when the S6 was mounted in the Gear VR. Nonetheless, I removed the S6, toggled Wifi off and back on, remounted the S6 in the Gear VR, clicked on Oculus Video - still get the same message.

Today I tried updating my Oculus 360 Photos and I get the same message, "Update needed. ..." and same result. How do I get the required newer version of Oculus to load?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mike
  • nieffynieffy Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    hi,
    i also downgraded  to previous version (everytime it updates y delete it and install the old one again) because new version takes forever to loook into my library but nothing comes out.

old app sorts pictures backwards but at least is fast an pictures are awesome.

i purchased the gear 360 also and use it in my trips. i had already 1500 pictures all over europe (venice was awesome in 360) and i can only say that tears come to my eyes when i look the pictures at home.

So for me 360 photos working ok is key for me, 100 euros for the gear vr and 340 for the gear 360 is a great inversion (plus the phone) to break it with a shitty version of the software.

I had to say also that in google photos you can see your 360 (in the web version) pictures like any other. They look awesome also.

gear vr + gear 360 is the best way you can see a trip afterwards.

Fix the tham app, meanwhile i rated it 1 star in the oculus store

nief.

bye
  • GelkerGelker Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Personally, I'm with the same difficulty, I'm an architect and I create my presentations in 3D 360 rendering, and I can not visualize them in gear vr, before I used the 360 photos, I'm very sad because a simple technology that unites for cardbord and does not work for gear Vr ... Even browsing 360 on a html5 web with 360 images does not consume anymore. When we decide to evolve let us know. thank you.