cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund?

Dedrabbits
Honored Guest
Hello!

Unfortunately, I've recently found out that I get TERRIBLE motion sickness when I play the Oculus Rift... Although it's been opened, is there any sort of refund policy in place for this? I noticed that they offer refunds for "unused", but due to this unforseen circumstances (and the fact that it's only a few days old), I'm wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on this subject?

Thank you, in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket and we'll see what we can do. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fwiw, I tend to get motion sickness very easily and was very concerned about this when I purchased my Rift back in Jan. At first I had to take breaks every few minutes, to keep from getting too sick from it. Then as time went on I found I could go longer in between my breaks.

Eventually I got to where it hardly even bothers me anymore. Just a few things, like the ISS experience, tends to still get me a little. But for the most part in my gaming now, I can go as long as I want without feeling bad. Took me just a few weeks to get to that point.

Dedrabbits
Honored Guest
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it. I put a support ticket in to what can be done.