Impressive VR Facial Animations — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Impressive VR Facial Animations

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,662 Valuable Player
From an upcoming project by Meakrob47 which I've posted about in the adult VR games thread is coming along well now. However, this music video I made is SFW and highlights how great his face animation is using a program called Blender. Enjoyment of my music creation is optional  :p. The demo is Rift compatible and has been updated to 1.2 which offers more customization options.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    edited June 2017
    That video... is creepy.

Animations are not bad. You can do a lot with Blender (and it's free), but I would prefer Maya for animations.

I've noticed that in some animations she raised up her bottom lid only, which is not how the eye muscles work.

But animations are not the biggest problem here: It is the incontinuity of the mesh and texture quality. While the eyebrows are good, the hair is freaking aweful. Also the clothing.He should use more polygons. I am not sure if he is using PBR shaders and textures. But he should bake out some pretty hair cards that will do the job.
    Also: Lips and hair are flat colored. He should use a roughness map to add some glossvariations to it. And the lips need wrinkles, otherwise it is looking unnatural.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,662 Valuable Player
    I think there's a bit of a journey before he has a tangible product to sell but I still believe (inconsistencies aside like you've mentioned) these are top quality (expressive) animations compared to most adult VR games. There just seems to be more soul behind the eyes compared to the blank stare most  adult VR games have.

• RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    I think there's a bit of a journey before he has a tangible product to sell but I still believe (inconsistencies aside like you've mentioned) these are top quality (expressive) animations compared to most adult VR games. There just seems to be more soul behind the eyes compared to the blank stare most  adult VR games have.
    Absolutly agree on that. A lot of crap out there. I can't stand low quality stuff. Things can be stilized and can look really good (like the Blizzard stuff). But low quality... you just see it.
    He has still a long way to go.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 501
    Neo
    I think Meakrob is doing a great Job - she is amazing and when i get some spare cash i will chuck it his way. Im not sure people understand the amazing results he is getting out of Blender - all her facial animations and blendshapes are coherently running within in its own blender engine in vr. Some of the most entertaining erotica i have seen.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player

After a few mins i thought the only realism animations most men are looking for are this 

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 501
    Neo
    vannagirl said:

After a few mins i thought the only realism animations most men are looking for are this 

Wow thats deep - or shallow idk i'm torn between the two lol
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,662 Valuable Player
    @Vannagirl - They are definitely not mutually exclusive. In fact toys and VR is quite a thing...apparently. I am too chicken to try it and I'm not sure what the other half would make of it seeing as most VR toys are geared towards men.