New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

1.16 Rift Release Notes

Comments

• Mot666Mot666 Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    It works ok, but when you leave it long enough for the controller to switch off it doesn't connect again, it just flashes then turns off. I had an Xbox Elite controller and wireless dongle before I got my Rift, worked fine before I installed the Oculus software. I'm fairly certain it is a known issue too.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    I was really interested in that "pair VR object" option in the devices menu...  then I realized it's (currently) just for setting up mixed-reality videos, and requires you to own a third Touch controller. :tired_face:

Pretty cool though, and maybe we'll get some other kind of trackable devices in the future to use for this stuff.  Like, something more minimal.. just a few LEDs and a battery is all it would need to be, as opposed to an entire Touch.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • THEFROZENCITYTHEFROZENCITY Posts: 11
    NerveGear

Hello, Devs you must support sim racing users too.

we chose rift cv1 than htc vive because it supported motion cancellation by mounting sensor

to rig directly. but now, we are totally screwed with recent updates. and ironically, vive users

can do motion cancellation. it is very sad situation because we chose rift cv1 but CV1 BETRAYED US

please stop to ignore us and help us. we are now using REVIVE for motion cancellation

because only steam vr can support external app. kindly give us solution or just tell us

about you plan. just tell us "there is no support plan for it" if you have no plan.

please tell us something positive or negative. even negative answer will be way better than no answer.

so we can find our own way.

• MongoJonMongoJon Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Please fix the Dirt Rally issue. It's still in 1.16 !
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited June 2017
    If you are experiencing any sort of issue, please contact us right away with details.
    https://tickets.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,315
    Wintermute
    I have just had the 1.16 update applied and it appears, like the abortive attempt last night, to have convinced OH that my Rift is connected to a USB2 port.  Last night, i corrected it, apparently by applying the oculus-driver.exe from the support folder.  Whether this only worked with the 1.15 install or whether the fact that i ran it coincided with something that PCs don't very often do, ie fixing itself i am not sure, but either way, it won't work this evening.  Device manager is also reporting an error, with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle, against the 'Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub' that has Rift as its ID.

It was definitely working earlier this evening, as i didn't get the USB device not recognised error that i am now getting and it was reporting as USB 3.0..

It looks like the old drivers might be getting uninstalled in preparation for 1.16 and that not all of them are being replaced.
    Wintermute
    Never mind, i've found the culprit.   Something had caused a duplicate 'Oculus Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus' record to be created under system devices and this had a yellow exclamation against it and a message that suggested that the second one shouldn't have been there.  i duly uninstalled it and the exclamation mark disappeared as did the one alongside the USB generic superspeed usb hub record.  Lo and behold, the Rift now reports itself as being connected to USB 3 again..   the installer might need checking methinks.
    Strange. Thanks for following up.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • SosoDeSamuraiSosoDeSamurai Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Shouldn't there be a Supersampling option in 1.16? :|  
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 132
    Art3mis
    MongoJon said:
    Please fix the Dirt Rally issue. It's still in 1.16 !

Same here :(.

• MervinRaeMervinRae Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Mot666 said:
    It works ok, but when you leave it long enough for the controller to switch off it doesn't connect again, it just flashes then turns off. I had an Xbox Elite controller and wireless dongle before I got my Rift, worked fine before I installed the Oculus software. I'm fairly certain it is a known issue too.
    I have that too. Also before 1.16. I have to replug the xbox-controller to get the gamepad recognized and on again.
  • ShiiShii Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Mot666 said:
    It works ok, but when you leave it long enough for the controller to switch off it doesn't connect again.
    As a workaround you can open Oculus system menu with the Oculus Remote controller and turn on XBox Gamepad while menu active. Gamepad won't switch off if enabled within menu.
    Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio
  • tomcultomcul Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    Anyone else got a very bright menu/loading screen after 1.16?
    Brightness is up too much..
    It's the screen that comes up when you press the oculus button on remote and also the one that says please wait while your game is loading..
  • RuinedRuined Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    tomcul said:
    Anyone else got a very bright menu/loading screen after 1.16?
    Brightness is up too much..
    It's the screen that comes up when you press the oculus button on remote and also the one that says please wait while your game is loading..
    I have the same problem, loading is almost blinding.
  • RuinedRuined Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    The new firmware broke my Oculus multiplayer. Can play single player games but now multiplayer games say can't connect to store and Dragon Front throws up Error 923.
  • magnus.jalmbrantmagnus.jalmbrant Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just updated, now Dirt Rally main menu looks like it's "snowing", seems to have been mentioned before. Please fix!
    Same issue for me, haven´t found a way to roll-back either :-(
  • THAHOFTHAHOF Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    DiRT Rally issue persists. Filed a ticket. Just bought it too :neutral:
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 792
    3Jane
    I have not been "in VR" for 2 days and it d/l 1.16 two days ago and today I saw it. Is it normal that the fire from the classic home is gone?
  • DTHDTH Posts: 258
    Nexus 6
    I saw that and thought that the fire is out because it is summer
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 792
    3Jane
    edited June 2017
    Greyman said:
    I have just had the 1.16 update applied and it appears, like the abortive attempt last night, to have convinced OH that my Rift is connected to a USB2 port.  Last night, i corrected it, apparently by applying the oculus-driver.exe from the support folder.  Whether this only worked with the 1.15 install or whether the fact that i ran it coincided with something that PCs don't very often do, ie fixing itself i am not sure, but either way, it won't work this evening.  Device manager is also reporting an error, with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle, against the 'Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub' that has Rift as its ID.

It was definitely working earlier this evening, as i didn't get the USB device not recognised error that i am now getting and it was reporting as USB 3.0..

It looks like the old drivers might be getting uninstalled in preparation for 1.16 and that not all of them are being replaced.
    I have my Oculus Rift (not the sensors) seen as "connected" to USB2.0 since...I think 1.14. Before, OH showed the Rift as connected to USB3.0 (8 out of 10 times), about before the time the Win10 creator's update hit.

Don't overthink this, because it is technically correct that the internal USB hub in the Rift is connected to USB2.0. Even if it is the case that it would "mistakenly" connect at USB2.0, this is not an issue.

My speculation is that the newer USB drivers, either from Win 10 update or Oculus possibly now see the connection correct, and before they didn't. Besides, the question here is whether what Oculus says how it is connected is actually right - whatever factor it may be where it decides it is connected at USB2.0 or USB3.0.

I also, since about the time of the Win 10 creator's update sometimes have the issue with the yellow exclamation mark, that the port itself shows as being in some "fallback mode", but this also doesn't actually pose a problem. The entire thing is inconsistent and you never know what you will be getting with each boot. I also had the impression that is was flakier BEFORE when it often showed being connected as USB3.0, then it could've happened you lose the connection or something..maybe because it at some point decided to fallback to USB2.0 and then losing connection doing it. (The entire USB thing is really complex, and I think how the ports initialize, whether a USB3.0 or USB2.0 is already decided at boot, long before Windows even starts, without anything even plugged in. The behaviour is also the same on Intel ports, as well as Asmedia...otherwise one could simply think  it's flakey ports, but it isn't. Otherwise one would simply plug into another port and then get "USB3.0", but this is just not the case)

Bottomline: When it shows the Rift as connected to USB2.0, don't worry, as long as your sensors are connected to 3.0. The old drivers possibly just reported "3.0" when they shouldn't have.

We're working on fixing the Dirt Rally issue. Real sorry about that.
    Don't worry if the sensor says USB 2.0, as long as it's working. Thanks.
  • gamersbubugamersbubu Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    @cybereality It also seems like its snowing in Fantasynth.  So, yeah, I don't know....
    Wintermute
    i only noticed the USB 2 thing when i was looking to see if 1.16 had landed and not because the headset was doing anything wrong.  However. since getting rid of that duplicate device, it has been constantly displaying as USB 3.0.  

Call me OCD if you like, but i prefer to have things sorted, so that if anything else goes screwy, i don't get taken down a blind path by a fault that isn't a fault. 
    Brain Burst
    @cybereality Please be aware of the error code 31 driver issue popping up and its solution.  This can be solved easily by Oculus and users having the problem.  The solution thus follows: type regedit in windows search bar -> type regedit -> click on the regedit program from the search -> expand the folders on the left-most pane until one reaches this key -- 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_2833&PID_0211&MI_00\6&2fbe431&0&0000\Device Parameters

-> in the right window pane edit the value that says DeviceSelectiveSuspended to 0.

Windows won't complain anymore and the latency improves too.
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    @cybereality Please be aware of the error code 31 driver issue popping up and its solution.  This can be solved easily by Oculus and users having the problem.  The solution thus follows: type regedit in windows search bar -> type regedit -> click on the regedit program from the search -> expand the folders on the left-most pane until one reaches this key -- 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_2833&PID_0211&MI_00\6&2fbe431&0&0000\Device Parameters

-> in the right window pane edit the value that says DeviceSelectiveSuspended to 0.

I am also having issues with the SuperSpeed Generic controller.  I followed what you said.  But here is what I have in REGEDIT:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_2833&PID_0211&MI_00\7&aa2a916&0&0000
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_2833&PID_0211&MI_00\7&27e7ca08&0&000
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
    Brain Burst
    e_m_d88 said:

I am also having issues with the SuperSpeed Generic controller.  I followed what you said.  But here is what I have in REGEDIT:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_2833&PID_0211&MI_00\7&aa2a916&0&0000
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_2833&PID_0211&MI_00\7&27e7ca08&0&000
    You might have something like that -- I'm taking the hardware id info off the driver inf file and applying my instructions.  So, you could have two IDs depending on your system.  Just make sure my instructions are followed for both keys; the setting to change is located under the sub key under both of these IDs.  P.S. You might also want to uninstall something called logitech device assistant.  Its under drivers under human interface devices, listed as logitech usb input device.  Its basically not a driver and it can interfere with Oculus headset as it were.
  • AndyW1384AndyW1384 Posts: 307
    Trinity
    edited June 2017

Can you explain precisely what this edit does? And why/how it resolves the issue? Thanks :)

[edit]
    And how is it different in effect from disabling USB selective suspend via Control Panel -> Power Options?
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2017
    AndyW1384 said:

Can you explain precisely what this edit does? And why/how it resolves the issue? Thanks :)

[edit]
    And how is it different in effect from disabling USB selective suspend via Control Panel -> Power Options?

I could try.  It really depends on the device itself and also which USB port you have your devices connected to. Using the windows power setting will have the same affect, but will not work for all devices. So, you have to go into the registry for individual devices that don't have that setting changed.    There are known minor bugs that affect the operation of this function in many versions of windows.  I'm getting this information from a Microsoft support website.

• AndyW1384AndyW1384 Posts: 307
    Trinity
    BlaineMiller said:
    [snip]

I could try.  It really depends on the device itself and also which USB port you have your devices connected to. Using the windows power setting will have the same affect, but will not work for all devices. So, you have to go into the registry for individual devices that don't have that setting changed.    There are known minor bugs that affect the operation of this function in many versions of windows.  I'm getting this information from a Microsoft support website.
    Thanks :)! Can you link to the support article you found? I've found some stuff, but nothing that really goes into it in depth.
    Brain Burst
    AndyW1384 said:
    BlaineMiller said:
    [snip]

Thanks :)! Can you link to the support article you found? I've found some stuff, but nothing that really goes into it in depth.
    Yeah, here: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540144(v=vs.85).aspx; answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forums/windows8_1-hardware/usb-selective-suspend/20a0ae6c-e5e2-438c-8663-566fd1dbb5ac; support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2934123/usb-selective-suspend-feature-is-disabled-in-windows.