cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm overwhelmed by content. Are you? Or not.

inovator
Consultant
Wow vr has come a long way. Between what I already owned, and after setting up doom 3 vr, and my vive subscription, and free games and experiences, and the summer sale, I have tons to do and won't run out. I play around 4 to 5 days a week for 3 to 4 hous each time. How's it going content wise, with you other members? 
52 REPLIES 52

Absolutely agree, there is plenty of content.  I don't play as much as you and i don't play many games - i'm always looking for new non-game material.  I love looking for the best stuff, the best looking, the most innovative app.  I'm hoping to have more time on my hands very soon where i can play games more.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tbh I've been VERY happy with the amount of quality content that's been available since the Rift launched (even though I didn't get my Rift until October last year!), particularly from the Oculus Store.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
I bought a number of titles in the last sale which I've spread out out to this one, in-between my everyday go to game of Eleven. I'm comfortable playing long sessions in VR and I can get through even longer than average games for VR like Edge of Nowhere in a few sessions. Not having a bottomless pit of money to plow into purchases, I try to be savvy what I buy. One of the games from the last purchase was Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. I only fired it up for the first time yesterday when when had a family BBQ. It was great fun and is something I see having plenty of replayability due letting everyone having turns in the headset. It was a big hit. I bought Fruit ninja in this sale and that seems a great title to dip into and for friendly in home competition.

I'm not someone who overdoses on shooty, shooty, stabby, killy type games (way too many of these), but SuperHot was great and can see myself revisiting that regularly. Other than that I like my puzzle, adventure, explore type games, or anything that's a bit different. Also sport if it's done well.

The creative stuff (medium, quill, etc) type apps look great, unfortunately anything I try tends to look like it's been done by a one legged, blind, drunk duck who's uses its mouth for tools.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plenty here for me to keep me busy for a while. Spending a lot of time in Battle of Stalingrad and DCS, with occasional jaunts into Robo Recall, Dead and Buried,  and Star Trek Bridge Crew. Just these alone keep me very occupied. Still have Arizona Sunshine installed and yet to play as well. 

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Quite the opposite for me. There is SO much shovelware. I can count the number of quality titles on both hands, easily.

inovator
Consultant
Storm your like many of us who like you said don't have bottomless pit of money. You may also want to consider a vive subscription for around 7 dollars a month. You pick 5 games a month and then keep or pick replacements the next month. So far I really like it and it works well with the rift. It really bothers me when I pay up to15 dollars for an experience and its good only for  1 or 2 short playthroughs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite the opposite for me. There is SO much shovelware. I can count the number of quality titles on both hands, easily.

Perhaps on Steam, but the content in the Oculus Store is MUCH better. It isn't 100% great titles by any means but if you compare the content available on Steam with the content on the Oculus Store it's about as night and day as you can get in terms of quality of content. It was a BIG reason why Vive owners were having kittens about the Vive not being compatible with Oculus Home before Revive appeared.

inovator
Consultant
Oculus content is great but the steam subscription is a good value in addition.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

inovator said:

Storm your like many of us who like you said don't have bottomless pit of money. You may also want to consider a vive subscription for around 7 dollars a month. You pick 5 games a month and then keep or pick replacements the next month. So far I really like it and it works well with the rift. It really bothers me when I pay up to15 dollars for an experience and its good only for  1 or 2 short playthroughs.

Interesting, I had heard about this but didn't even consider that there would be rift ready titles in it. what have you played so far?