cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: Sweaty Face - Echo Arena/E-Sport Waterproof Facepad?

AllChad
Explorer
Loved playing in the Beta this weekend!

One thing I think everyone will admit is how sweaty you can get while playing a competitive e-sports like title.  Has there been any discussion about the potential for offering an official sports-based, maybe special edition, waterproof-type of facial interface or face-pad option for Rift? I would totally shell out $29 for a Lone Echo or e-sports type of facepad (same price as the stock face-pad) to know that cleaning or keeping my Rift sweat free long-term will help its longevity.

I also think it'd be a great way to build more buzz around the title (maybe it's a blue or orange facepad) and kind of give Rift owners who frequent more active-like games have something to enhance their comfort experience (and brag about having too :smile:.

Chad
5 REPLIES 5

DarkTenka
Trustee
VRCover has a custom face-plate that includes a removable cloth that you can wash as well as a velour face foam that is also washable.

MrOtsKrad
Protege
If you search for them on Amazon, you can find the waterproof ones for the Rift from VRCover.  For whatever reason they are not on the actual website.

machenmusik
Explorer
do you mean something like

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-basic-set/

"Our basic set gets you started with a black or red interface along with one thin (6mm) PU leather foam replacement. The foam replacement is designed to be wiped clean with anti-bacterial wipes between uses, especially important if you regularly share your Rift."

xcalibur2k
Explorer
YES the $30 leather and cloth interface is the best purchase I’ve made for vr. I sweat a lot and the leather one is a godsend for that. However I would strongly advise against buying the red plastic facial interface. It looks really damn cool on the rift but if you play in a bright well lit space. Blood red light bleed comes in around the entire facial interface and reflects in the lenses. It insanely annoying. Rather than return mine(didn’t want to give up the leather) I used matte black model paint to paint the entire plastic bit. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I agree--the VR Covers PU leather is a lot better for getting sweaty in. The original Rift foam gets absolutely drenched with sweat and stays wet for a long time, but with the VR Cover I just wipe it off and it's good to go.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo