cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a way to wireless transfer data from the sensor cameras in the future?

MAYAman
Explorer
I have a Rift and a Vive and just find the Rift more comfortable and the Touch controllers better.  I want to go completely wireless with the MSI VR One backpack but can't with the Rift.  Does anyone know of a way to transfer USB 3.0 data wirelessly so this can be achieved?

thanks 
6 REPLIES 6

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
There no wireless sensors on the cards as far as I know, but the wigig technology they've been showing off recently could certainly be implemented on current gen Rifts at some point in the future I believe. Looking further out there's a chance they may bypass wireless sensors and go for inside out tracking. There's a lot of options on the table and the next 2 years are only going to present even more. I guess it's at what point do Oculus commit to the next gen architecture.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Im sure that the next gen HMDs and Sensors will be wireless but love the one your with for now.
It is in its infancy afterall.
WAAAGH!

MAYAman
Explorer

Morgrum said:

Im sure that the next gen HMDs and Sensors will be wireless but love the one your with for now.
It is in its infancy afterall.

Yeah for sure, its just, some of us are of the "older" persuasion and where already adults when we initially went all in to VR in the early 90s.  So we're running out of time before the big dirt nap.  Get what I mean?  lol

I'd like to enjoy this future form of entertainment I've been financing for 30 years at some point.  There are a bunch of old timers like me who feel the same.  We'd like our payoff for supporting with our checkbooks for decades.  Lets go Devs, speed it up.  🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Lol got ya man. 
WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable
While wireless will undoubtedly be very cool when they can do it with acceptable performance, I will take things like higher resolution , foveated rendering and eye tracking any day over it.  I personally have no trouble at all playing the games I enjoy whilst being tethered. 

MAYAman
Explorer
I enjoy it, but lets be honest un-tethered is better.  And like I said I don't have the time like you young guns.  *shakes fist at clouds*