New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus crashes my PC midway into gameplay. PLEASE HELP :(

LucidNighmareLucidNighmare Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited July 2017 in Support
My Oculus seems to freeze my entire PC around 10-30mins into gameplay, no matter which game. Suddenly game play and sound both freeze,  and than within a few seconds the headset goes black and displays a yellow light upon removing the headset. My PC monitor stays frozen with the last frame of the game displayed right before the crash. The only option I have at that point is to hold down my PCs power button and manually restart the computer. No idea if this is hardware or software related, but i have updated all of my driver's and my PC came Oculus ready. How do I figure out what is causing this to happen? Is there any software I could run to pinpoint the cause?

Answers

• whitav8whitav8 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    I have the same problem. When the game pauses, it seems that the Nvidia driver has restarted itself but in doing so has taken the Oculus driver offline - and the Restart Oculus available with the Oculus Home app doesn't help - so reboot must be performed. I have tried about five different video card driver sets including 382.53.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You can post your LogGatherer log zip file. Maybe there is some clue in there.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV