360 Stereoscopic youtube Video problem — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

360 Stereoscopic youtube Video problem

IamKonkyIamKonky Posts: 6
NerveGear
When I look a video on youtube in oculus browser and I switch to full screen.
The vidéo do a 90° rotation in the player and it didn't work...
I try everything to change that :
Reinstall, change resolution, use an other browser (samsung internet), etc.
Two weeks ago that worked perfectly, but now it's impossible to change that.
I think it's a bug in an update...

Samsung S7. Occulus store 3.14.0.31.188 (63800345)

Comments

• edmundbartonedmundbarton Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi, facing similar behavior with all  YouTube 360 content (oculus browser and Samsung internet). 
    When you go 360 mode, video souls horizontally bottom is rotated 90 deg. Worked fine a month ago.
    S7, oculus browser 3.5.9

NE1 else? 
  • GBUS420GBUS420 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same exact problem here.
    Top image is fine but the bottom image is rotated 90°.  Please patch this.
  • JoetampicoJoetampico Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My perception is exactly the same.  A few weeks ago my co-worker turned me on to this 360 content in youtube via the oculus "internet" area, so i know it worked then.  One night i had a problem where oculus wouldn't start up when i put it in the vr headset,  i seemed to eventually trace that back to an update.  Every since then,  360 content works fine in the youtube mobile app outside of the gear vr, but using the oculus youtube area it doesn't stitch correctly.  The top half generally looks ok,  but the rear is rotated 90 degrees and fills the lower half of the front. The youtube area in the oculus app is the only place this occurs.  All other vr apps seems to be working fine. 
  • IamKonkyIamKonky Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Nothing new ?
    Admin ?
  • mcbriasmcbrias Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here! Worked fine until maybe a couple of weeks ago. Only YouTube360 videos seem to be affected.
  • GumDropIT86GumDropIT86 Posts: 2
    NerveGear

Exactly what i'm experiencing, videos are rotated and also they are split in slices on the screen, you know when you see like an invisible line that cut through the video causing a misalignment between the upper part and the lower part of the image.
    I have the Gear VR since last Monday, so you say this is a problem caused by the recent update?

• djfundjfun Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same Problem here :-(
  • mark.roeder.108mark.roeder.108 Posts: 2
    NerveGear

I am having the same problem here in Sydney Australia. I have a brand new Galaxy 8 with the latest goggles and controller, with all the correct software installed. The Youtube 360 videos are split - horizontally up top, and vertically below. Very frustrating!

• edmundbartonedmundbarton Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Still happening.

Have posted to several forums. Does Oculus / Samsung look at these forums. 360/3D content on the most popular video sharing platform is a pretty big deal. This had been going on since the beginning of the month. 
  • djfundjfun Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I wrote direct to the ocolus german Support.
    The last answer from Thursday is that they are investigating it
    NerveGear
    Good news. 
    NerveGear

Exactly what i'm experiencing, videos are rotated and also they are split in slices on the screen, you know when you see like an invisible line that cut through the video causing a misalignment between the upper part and the lower part of the image.
    I have the Gear VR since last Monday, so you say this is a problem caused by the recent update?

Yes.
  • A.ABDELSALAMA.ABDELSALAM Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same problem  :( :(
  • A.ABDELSALAMA.ABDELSALAM Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The problem solved now with last update but now faced another problem the video quality bottom disappear 
  • DanielLim79DanielLim79 Posts: 8
    NerveGear

I have a Samsung S7 and the problem is still there and everything is updated.  But now I have four vertical lines.  The Oculus home on the Gear VR used to be so good but as time goes it seems it's getting worse.  The Video section has changed drastically they took out so many features and it doesn't even have that cool outside of the cinema background.  Now this problem with youtube 3D/360 videos.  YouTube was my primary reason to use the Gear VR.  I did play some games here and there but YouTube 360 videos was what I watched the most.  It seems that with further updates Oculus Home will be getting worse. 

One positive thing out of this mess is that now some games and apps you can move them to your SD card, finally!  I can't believe it took them this long to implement such a basic function.  It was the main reason why I stopped buying games and apps on the Oculus store. 

NerveGear
    IT'S OK NOW ! UPDATE !
    NerveGear
    But we can't change the quality of the video now...
  • DanielLim79DanielLim79 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Ok finally it's been fixed.

If you guys want to change the quality you have to set the video to 2D mode then point to the lower right side of the screen and click and you get that gear icon where you can change the quality of the video.

I don't mean to sound like some whiner but I've noticed that the 3D feels weaker?  Not as strong as before?  Now I see more formats like 3D cube? 3D SBS is still the same but 3D 360 cube feels weaker than the previous 3D 360 format.  I can also see more invisible lines because of the cube perimeter that sets up the 3D environment.  That is all.  I'm just glad they finally fixed it.  
  • vasilyironvasilyiron Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just download SKYBOX VR. It now supports YouTube videos!  :)