Impossible to buy on the store — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Impossible to buy on the store

SirPapayaSirPapaya Posts: 7
NerveGear
Hi everyone ! I just received my occulus today, i'm so excited to try the first free apps, but i just can't buy anything on the store, it just wont let me, saying that i entered wrong informations, believe me i double checked it and everything is correct. They just tell me "Permissions error (2078016)" What can i do ? i'd like to take advantage of the summer sales before they end :/

Thanks in advance ;)
Tagged:

Comments

• SirPapayaSirPapaya Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Please anybody ? i'd really like to use my voucher before the sales end :/
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,566 Valuable Player
    Are your details exactly the same as your order details ? Double check everything ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,382 Valuable Player
    Do you have a payment method (credit card) set up on your account? I believe you need that, even if you're buying with a voucher.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    NerveGear
    Hey ! Yes i have a paypal account, what's weird is that the store me that the money isnt the same on my voucher and on the store, but they are both in euros so ... that's useful :/
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You'll have to contact support, we may have to fix your account. Put in a ticket here:
    https://tickets.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    I did and it's not working, well...guess i'll just have to send it back if i just cant play with it, this is an outrage ! 
    I'm looking at your ticket, and we asked you to check to see if your credit card was being blocked by your bank. We asked that question on Wednesday and I don't see any response after that. You may want to check with your bank and then respond to us on the ticket. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    I checked with my bank, the problem doesnt come from me, i responded to the ticket, i received a mail by paypal saying that "oculus VR ireland" refused my payment, i really dont see why, i have money on my account, all the cards i tried are valid, i dont know what to do anymore, i just want to enjoy the product ^^
    Best thing to do is continue speaking with us on the ticket. Thanks.
    NerveGear
    Ok i'll do that ;)
  • BabylonfallenBabylonfallen Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? What did you have to do if so?
    You'll have to contact us for help. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
  • KaythasKaythas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've had this issue ever since I got my Rift. For awhile I was able to make purchases though paypal as a workaround. Tring to use my credit cards and debit cards don't work at all, and as much as Oculus support would like me to believe, it's not an issue with my bank accounts. I went through an insanely tedious back and forth with their BS ticket system and was inevitably able to prove them wrong by creating an entirely new account, and making a purchase with a card that had been rejected through my original account. Even after that, they refused to do anything about it. They said, just keep using the new account. When I asked them if they could move my games over to the new account so that I could consolidate my purchases in one functioning account, their response was that there was no way to do that.

This company is a perfect example of customer support at its very worst. They can't even be bothered to help you make purchases through their own store, let alone speak to you directly.