New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

3D 360 Panorama Capture for Unity on Gear VR?

firagabirdfiragabird Posts: 155
Art3mis
I'm looking for a way to capture 3D 360 photos of my scenes in Unity on Gear VR. Is there anything like that? Initial searching revealed "360 Panorama Capture" and "VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer"; has anyone tried using it for taking panoramas in their Gear VR?
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.

Answers

• firagabirdfiragabird Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    Additional searching revealed that Oculus actually has a 360 Capture SDK for both PC/Rift and Mobile/Gear VR. So far, though, I haven't seen any indication that the mobile variant has been integrated into Unity, so I'm unclear if that's something I can pursue.

I did however discover that Unity's Camera class has a RenderToCubemap method. I might research and experiment based on this, to see if I can render a stereo cubemap with it.
    S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.
  • leopaul.1993leopaul.1993 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm looking for a way to capture 3D 360 photos of my scenes in Unity on Gear VR. Is there anything like that? Initial searching revealed "360 Panorama Capture" and "VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer"; has anyone tried using it for taking panoramas in their Gear VR?
    Yes, I have used the 360 Panorama Capture from Unity Asset Store. It works well and I have the output I wanted.