cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View stuck in the center for gear VR

TimK74
Honored Guest
Hi folks.  Looking for any advice here.  I have both a newer black and older white gear vr.  Both work fine in my S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ (my primary phone).  My S6 Edge got some pretty bad battery swell that can't be fixed (problem with a screw near the logic board) so I decided to pick up an S6 to use as my primary VR device.  I nabbed an SM-906L which is the StraightTalk variant.  The phone passes all gyroscope tests, works fine in cardboard, handles 360 degree videos outside the headset and even moves properly within the scene at the Oculus Facebook login screen.  Once all the software is installed and running however, my view is stuck in the center inside the Oculus app.  If I turn, the scene doesn't change.   I have blown away the VR and Occulus apps, unpaired the controller and reinstalled everything-same issue.  When I install the VR apps, I get a prompt to change the resolution which I do put on the setting it asks for and it allows me to hit ok.  Does anybody have any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
Not ever phone model or carrier variant is supported, so that may be the issue. But feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

HockeyNinja
Explorer
I'm having the same problem and I have an s7 Edge.  It was working fine up until today.

konradwalsh
Honored Guest
I have S7 Edge
Was working everyday since I got it..
it stopped today

kirasan
Honored Guest
ok i solve it
1st remove every gear vr app and oculus app until you left 1 app that cant be remove clear the cache

2nd remove every game and app that download from oculus app

3rd restart the phone
4th reinstall the app by plugin your phone into gear vr
5th when after install there will be a part that they call you to update to the latest version and i cancel it and insert my phone into gear vr and let it run inside the app will force you to remove and update your oculus app(i dont think this part is important)(in this part you will see your view doesnt stuck on the center)
6th update the app and you are done~

Rohan12111
Honored Guest
anyone found a solution? uninstalling/clearing cache didnt work